33-16 108th St
This position is primarily responsible for keeping the financial records, prepare and maintain all accounting books in accordance to the general accounting principles, and implementing and coordinating HR activities.
Reports to the Senior Accountant with supported HR direction from Program Operations Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Monthly reconciliations of accounts payable and receivable, bank and investment accounts, and expense payments
• Record, prepare and maintain all accounting books in accordance to the general accounting principles.
• Grant management and reporting tasks.
• Participate in development of financial policies and controls
• Attends trainings given by funding sources or as required by the organization.
• Maintain internal controls for separation of fiscal functions
Analyzes and assist to prepare budget monthly revenue expense and variance reports.
Prepares schedules as required for yearly programmatic and consolidated audits
• Computes and prepares monthly, quarterly and yearly reimbursement vouchers required by funding sources.
Assist with payroll processing functions.
Assist to maintain all Human Resource files and perform certain limited HR functions to staff and volunteers/inters: post positions, review resumes, co-facilitate in interview process, prepare hiring letters, and execute termination process.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
• Knowledge of financial management and reporting, internal controls, fiscal systems, budgeting and accounting software
• Attention to detail
• Good record keeping skills
• Outstanding communication skills for working with operations staff, vendors, funders
Knowledge of ADP or other computerized accounting software. HR knowledge or experience a plus.
Employment Type: Full Time
Benefits: Participation in 401K, Health Insurance, Paid Holidays, Annual and Sick Leave.
Salary details: $23.5359 hourly.
All applicants, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Minimum Education Required