2 Kingsland Avenue
St. Nicks Alliance & School Settlement Association
After School Centers
Group Leader Job Posting
St. Nicks Alliance is a nonprofit, nonsectarian community-based organization founded in 1975 with the mission to serve as a catalyst to improve the quality of life of residents in the communities of Williamsburg-Greenpoint in Brooklyn through its work in five main areas: housing, healthcare, workforce development, economic development and youth and education.
The St. Nicks' Division of Youth and Education is looking for After School Group Leaders to work at our after school centers in both schools and community centers. Group Leaders will plan and implement social, recreational, and educational activities for students in grades K through 8. Candidates with experience and talent teaching specific activities or theme-based clubs including sports, arts, STEM, or literacy are encouraged to apply and highlight those talents and experience.
- Actively monitor and engage participants during all program activities, including meals, transitions, field trips, clubs, activities, recreation and dismissal
- Plan and facilitate purposeful and engaging activities including literacy, science, recreation, and on-going theme-based projects catered to the age, stage and interests of participants
- Serve as a positive role model for participants by demonstrating professional language and behavior
- Develop positive, caring relationships with young people and their families
- Utilize youth development principles to enhance program quality and support growth in young people
- Collaborate with co-workers and program supervisors around effective program operations; uphold all safety standards and procedures
- Actively participate in training and professional development to continuously improve on quality
- High School diploma; college graduates or current college student STRONGLY preferred
- Work experience related to working with children HIGHLY preferred
- Interest and experience in youth development and academic enrichment (math, science, leadership, English Language Arts (reading/ writing), financial literacy, and technology
- Knowledgeable in one or more of the following: sports, recreational activities (cooking, sewing, knitting, jewelry making) and/ or the arts (dance, music, drama)
- A genuine enthusiasm for developing professional skills through training opportunities, observation, coaching, and feedback
- Availability between 2pm-6pm; approximately 16 hours per week, Monday-Friday
- Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with a broad range of people including building staff and parents.
- Comply with School Age Child Care (SACC) requirements including background check and medical clearance.
- Lots of energy and enthusiasm!
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with "After School Group Leader" in subject line. Please highlight any special talents that you have experience teaching young people.
Minimum Education Required