District of Columbia
The Staff Accountant supports the daily operations of the General Ledger and Accounts Payable activities.
- Performs review and approval of vouchers and expense reports in Concur and audits invoices for accuracy, allowable discounts, appropriate coding, and supporting documentation.
- Supports the disbursement cycle by processing stop-payments and voids, collating and mailing checks, and gathering supporting documentation as appropriate.
- Works closely with internal customers to resolve issues directly related to the disbursement function, including the reconciliation of daily cash reports to address returned or failed electronic payments.
- Conducts monthly analysis of balance sheet accounts and bank reconciliations
- Prepares and enters journal entries into the General Ledger in support of the monthly close process
- Assist with prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information
- Manages pre-paid debit card procurement program and records associated journal entries
- Other tasks assigned by Controller
Education and Work Experience:
- Requires a bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field in order to apply a working knowledge of the theories and principles in a specialized field or work discipline.
- Requires at least 4 years of directly related experience required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Large ERP Accounts Payable system experience preferred.
- Strong client service and cross-functional communication/people skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to exercise discretion on confidential matters.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- High attention to detail.
Work Conditions & Physical Demands:
Essential functions are performed in a general office setting with low noise. Job demands may require long periods of sitting; telephone work and/or computer work, as well as interactions with other team members and external stakeholders. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. IIE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Minimum Education Required