330 West 42nd Street
The 1199SEIU Benefit & Pension Funds provide comprehensive health, pension, and quality of life benefits to unionized workers represented by 1199SEIU United Healthcare Workers East. We are among the largest labor-management funds in the nation, covering 400,000 members and their families.
If you’re ready for the brightest career future, join us in this excellent opportunity to showcase your talents. We are currently seeking an experienced Assistant Director, Retiree Services Center for our Retired Members Division department.
- Oversee the daily operations of the Fund’s Retiree Services Call Center and Walk-In Center function including monitoring real-time, historical and prospective productivity and quality to ensure service levels are met
- Evaluate and revise the service centers’ policies and procedures to maximize efficiencies and to continuously improve Member and Staff Experience; and to ensure effective hiring, staff training & development, and management of employee performance in collaboration with Human Resources in order to meet departmental goals and expectations
- Oversee the observation and analysis of Retiree volume, service center staffing, scheduling, workflow handling and other variables to ensure service goals are met
- Identify, document and report service challenges and implement plans of action to remediate barriers to service as required.
- Evaluate and modify Quality Assurance methods to include oversight and management of Quality Scores, Staff Training & Development activities, Supervisory/Managerial Coaching and Feedback methods,
- Oversee BeneFAQs topic creation and management, and collaboration with HR Organizational Development and Employee & Labor Relations to address and improve staff performance issues as identified, in a timely manner
- Maintain, evaluate, and modify departmental policies and procedures to promote synergy, uniformity, efficiency, and compliance amongst the various business units
- Participate in collaborative meetings with internal departments such as Pension, Eligibility, Claims, Finance, Information Technology, Member Services, Provider Services, Retiree Health Benefits Outreach, and Care Management
- Create, implement, and monitor yearly plans of work; source appropriate project leads and resources; maintain and provide routine project status reports
- Oversee and manage vendor contracts related to contact center technologies
- Perform additional duties and projects as assigned by management
- Must meet performance standards including attendance and punctuality
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or health related field or equivalent years of work experience
- Minimum of six (6) years job related experience in call center, window operation, or member services required; to include four (4) year supervisory experience at senior management level required
- Experience analyzing customer service metrics required
- Management experience in Call Center, Walk-in Center Applications and Reporting
- Comprehensive knowledge in Pension and Retiree Health Benefits provided by 1199SEIU NBF, GNY and HCF
- Proven ability to implement effective volume and workflow
- Exceptional organizational, leadership, time management, and analytical skills
- Retiree Pension and Health Benefit information systems, including V3, QNXT, Super Screen, BeneFAQs, etc
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; experience in a union environment preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, interpersonal and team building skills; strong project management skills
- Proven multi-tasking skills and ability to meet critical deadlines
medical, dental, no copay, prescription, tuition reimbursement, 401K,
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
We offer a competitive salary, an excellent fully employer-paid comprehensive benefits package and talented professional colleagues. For consideration and to apply, please visit us at https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm03/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=NBF1199&cws=1&rid=7344 . Please mention you saw this ad in Idealist. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.