About Jobs to Move America
Jobs to Move America (JMA) is a national organization working to ensure that public investment in transportation in cleaner, more efficient transit systems supports quality American manufacturing jobs, and generates career opportunities for historically underrepresented workers in the industry, as well as those facing barriers to employment.
- Maintain site presence at monthly MTA Board & Committee meetings and other relevant events to build/ develop relationships with partners and to develop visibility campaign around issues.
- Move campaign messages effectively across MTA constituencies in NYC and across NYS.
- Maintain a user-friendly database consisting of a growing list of relevant contacts and campaign supporters/adversaries to advance monthly goals for each group.
- Working with coalition partners to advance JMA's mission including filing FOIL requests, developing reports, fact sheets, white papers and other campaign materials and research products.
- Experience developing and implementing a comprehensive campaign plan.
- Experience charting work-sites and/or mapping/cutting turf.
- Demonstrated success using social media platforms in a campaign setting.
- Demonstrated commitment to advancing the interests of people of color, women, veteran, and formerly incarcerated people at America's workplaces.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide array of constituencies including elected officials, agency staff, and members of the public.
- Ability to effectively manage a workload with competing priorities, collaborate as part of a team, and work in a deadline driven environment.
- Strong writing skills including the ability to convey highly technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Expertise with excel and/or other spreadsheet programs.
- Ability to understand and describe the behavior of business organizations, financial institutions, and/or other large, complex institutions from the perspective of working people.
- Familiarity with New York and New Jersey state politics.
EXTRA CONSIDERATION will be given for candidates who :
- Identify as persons of color, women, veterans, or formerly incarcerated persons and/or have had experience working with more than one of those groups.
- Have experience working in the labor movement.
- Have experience working as a community organizer.
- Fluent speaking a language other than English.
- Have experience with a workforce-reentry and/or pre-apprenticeship program.
Terms of Employment: The salary range for the position is $48,000 - $56,000. JMA offers full family health benefits, retirement, and generous time off.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Application Process: This position is available starting January 1st 2019. Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Campaigner” in the subject line. Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements will not receive a response. All Candidates will be expected to complete a research assignment. No phone calls, please.
JMA is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, LGBTQ individuals, and women are strongly encouraged to apply.