Details: Commensurate with experience
995 Market Street
About Compass: Compass Family Services helps homeless families and families at imminent risk for homelessness to achieve housing stability, family well-being, and self-sufficiency. We are the access point for any SF family facing a housing crisis and our services include emergency shelter, transitional housing, rental assistance, early childhood education, mental health support, in addition to a broad spectrum of counseling, parenting education, prevention, and support services.
Reports to: Director of Impact & Learning
Classification: Non-exempt, full-time (37.5 hours/week)
Organizational Core Competencies:
- Committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion
The Impact Analyst will drive forward a variety of performance management initiatives, continuing to build out our data infrastructure and ability to track short and long term client outcomes. Working closely with the Director of Impact and Learning and program leadership, this is a highly collaborative position requiring discipline and keen attention to detail to manage multiple projects simultaneously, as well as partnering with the director to maintain accountability to the team’s work plan. The Impact Analyst revolves around three main areas: supporting existing processes and users, presenting compelling data with the aid of reports and visuals, and commitment to staff development and training for existing and new Salesforce features.
Impact and Reporting:
- Create and implement performance management reports (e.g., fidelity reports, trend reports) that evaluate organizational performance against internal benchmarks.
- Build out compelling visual dashboards for management and staff to make meaning of trends and progress toward client goals.
- Work with program staff to improve database use and provide support for implementing new features
- Provide database knowledge and support for program reporting needs.
- Partner with the Development team for annual reporting needs.
- Ensure the accuracy of reports on a regular basis.
- Manage Salesforce requests and implement internal ticketing system for requests. Create user reports to make meaning of staff needs and track trends.
- Oversee any database volunteers for database projects and their work plans.
- Identify and implement new Salesforce applications or built-in features to create more efficient processes for day-to-day responsibilities of staff.
- Manage duplicate case records and ensure data integrity.
- Manage Salesforce system updates and inform the director of any changes needed.
Organizational Learning/Knowledge Management:
- Integrate a user-centric approach to problem solving database inefficiencies; serve as a point person for staff to troubleshoot database barriers.
- Train staff on new Salesforce functionalities, configurations and system-related processes.
- Develop and implement training curricula for staff.
- Maintain the knowledge management website content for staff user adoption.
- Create and strengthen systems for data collection, management, reporting and analysis.
- Work in partnership with frontline staff and the leadership team to support Theory of Change initiatives towards a data-driven culture.
Education, Experience, and Requirements:
- BA/BS plus at least one year of experience administering a Salesforce database OR two years’ experience administering databases in a nonprofit environment
- Ability to frame appropriate analyses and draw conclusions from data
- An excitement about technology and its ability to positively impact the organization
- Passion for the mission of Compass Family Services
- Ability to communicate well across various levels in an organization and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people with varying range of technical and process competencies
- Strong analytical skills, customer-service orientation, and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to thrive in a fast-changing, multi-program environment
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook) and Google Docs
Compensation and Benefits:
Compass Family Services offers a competitive wage and benefits package that includes employer-paid major medical, dental and vision coverage, long-term disability insurance, an employer-contributed retirement plan, and generous paid vacation, sick, and holiday leave.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a detailed cover letter and resume to HR@compass-sf.org. Your cover letter should include reasons why you want to work for Compass. Resumes sent without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please.
We are an equal opportunity employer and actively seek to recruit a diverse workforce.