Amber Charter Schools provide our students with an academically rigorous and well-rounded education, along with strong character development, which will enable them to prosper in their future endeavors.
Amber Charter School East Harlem was founded in 2000 as the first Latino-led charter school in New York State. It currently serves 500 K-5 students. Amber Charter School Kingsbridge opened in 2016 and serves 420 K-4 students. A third school has been approved to open in the Inwood community in 2021 and will serve K-8 students. By 2025, the ACS network will serve just under 2000 students across three NYC neighborhoods.
Join a team devoted to positively impacting the lives of children and families every day. Come help build lifelong learners.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Technology Manager (TM) serves as a key member of the Finance and Administration Team.
The Technology Manager collaborates with the Chief Finance and Administration Officer and a broad range of stakeholders across the network, nimbly functioning as a leader, collaborator and contributor, based on the evolving needs of the organization. He/she/they will support multiple network components, servers and software platforms and work on a variety of special projects.
Ensure Amber Charter Schools Leverages Technology Effectively
- Develop and codify standard operating and safety procedures for various digital and data systems (e.g. GSuite and affiliated systems).
- Develop and execute effective staff training, support and guidance efforts to advance the adoption of new technology tools, applications and platforms, in partnership with school leaders, school-based data managers and the network’s strategy team.
- Order, track and maintain a detailed inventory of all technology equipment.
- Coordinate the distribution and maintenance of computer hardware, software, and all related classroom technology.
- Manage IT vendors to ensure consistency in hardware, software and IT systems across the network.
- Supervise and manage technology associate(s).
Contribute to the Evolution of the Amber Charter School Technology Strategy
- Draft necessary technology use policies and procedures at the network and school levels, and ensure their effective implementation.
- Contribute to the development of a multi-year ACS network-wide technology strategy, which will guide our long-term plans for technology infrastructure.
- Collaborate with network and school leaders to develop and oversee the e-Rate program, including coordinating with external consultant(s) and identifying strategic investments to support effective teaching and learning.
- Contribute to the integrity and security of data and related systems in partnership with school-based data managers and the network strategy team.
The Technology Manager may also assume other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the Chief Finance and Administration Officer.
Reports to the Chief Finance and Administration Officer.
We are seeking candidates with the following experience, competencies and assets:
- Minimum of 2 years as a technology manager, preferably in an urban charter school network or non-profit organization.
- Experience with and knowledge of various operating network systems, cloud-based server platforms, devices and tools.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite programs.
- Familiarity utilizing, managing and leveraging student information systems (e.g. PowerSchool) and data housing platforms (e.g. IReady, Illuminate).
- Familiarity with remote learning systems (e.g. Google Classroom)).
- Experience working on a cross-functional team / with multiple stakeholders.
- Strong skills in systems-thinking, capacity to envision, plan, and implement new systems and practices that better support school and network use of technology, data and information
- Great time and task management; an ability to prioritize, manage multiple obligations and initiatives and follow through.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to distill and explain complex, technical ideas to a non-technical audience. Strong written and verbal skills required.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment; flexible, able to work autonomously as well as on a team and to take direction as needed.
- Strong attention to detail; able to develop and maintain organizational and documentation systems.
- Strong analysis, negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Capacity to develop strong relationships based on trust, respect, effective communication, and common goals.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a commitment to preserving a bold, can-do culture that sustains the organization’s core values.
- Commitment to leveraging the existing strengths and supporting the continuous evolution of our communities, students, families and staff members.
- Alignment to the Amber Charter Schools mission and core values.
- Bachelor’s degree.