The Accounting Associate is primarily responsible for accounts payable, assisting in the monthly financial close, recording and managing agency purchase transactions, other general accounting duties, oversee agency centralized purchasing system.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare and post journal entries for the GL.
- Monitor and review vendor payments.
- Ensure payroll and other operating expense have properly posted to the general ledger
- Assist with credit card processing
- Assist in audit process as necessary
- Special projects/task as assigned by Managing Director.
- Perform variance analysis and timely reconciliation of general ledger and balance sheet accounts, investigating variances.
- Generate purchase orders using Sage Intacct.
- Oversee the purchasing process.
- Ensure proper internal control are in place.
- Manage and facilitate all the purchases for the agency.
- Obtain invoice statements from vendors monthly and ensure accuracy
- Maintains acquisition files on all purchases and contracts completed by the agency
- Provide both technical and procedural support to agency users for PO system
- Implements agency policies and procedures concerning procurement to ensure compliance consistent with federal and state requirements.
- Other assigned tasks, as required
The following duties are to be performed as assigned by the supervisor:
- Assist with special projects and performs other related duties as assigned by the Managing Director of Accounting and the Chief Financial Officer.
Education and Certification
- Bachelor’s degree required
Special Skills and Knowledge
In addition to the above-listed job responsibilities and educational requirements, the ideal candidate for this position possesses most or all the following:
- Knowledge of government grants management preferable
- Advance Excel skills including use of pivot tables and functions
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills to build internal and external relationships quickly
- Ability to work as an effective team member
- Adaptable to changing priorities and deadlines
- Self-starter that can function at a high level with minimal supervision
- Excellent attention to detail is a must
- Aptitude for handling confidential and sensitive information