Details: Starting salary range is between $45,000-$50,000.
841 Kaynyne St
Rebuilding Together Peninsula (RTP) seeks an creative, solution-oriented Volunteer & Outreach Coordinator to support our client and volunteer outreach efforts and successfully carry out our mission of repairing homes, revitalizing communities and rebuilding lives.
RTP believes a healthy community starts with a safe and livable home. RTP provides free, minor home repair, accessibility modifications and energy efficient upgrades to those in need. In so doing, we ensure individual health, well-being and dignity for home owners in need and for community-based facilities, preserve affordable home ownership, and enhance local pride. In addition, by bringing volunteers and community residents together, RTP harnesses the power of volunteerism to revitalize local neighborhoods.
We provide home repair year-round and support an annual tradition, National Rebuilding Day, which brings over 2000 volunteers together to repair homes and community-based organizations throughout San Mateo and northern Santa Clara counties. As we enter our 30th year, Rebuilding Together Peninsula, is one of the largest of the over 130 affiliates of Rebuilding Together Inc., a national nonprofit, has an operating budget of nearly $2 million and additionally benefits from nearly $1 million worth of donated resources and volunteer time annually.
The Volunteer & Outreach Coordinator will work with a variety of populations including seniors, individuals with disabilities, multi-generational families, volunteers, vendors, sponsors, and donors. This position allows for a flexible schedule, and will require occasional evening and weekends as required by scheduled outreach activities. This is a full-time, exempt position based in Redwood City, and reports to the Associate Director.
Volunteer Coordination (35%)
· Solicit new volunteers and follow-up on volunteer inquiries.
· Know the skills and interests of new volunteers and match them appropriately with staff, AmeriCorps members, or other volunteers.
· Orient, maintain documentation on and conduct follow-up with volunteers to keep them engaged.
· Maintain regular communication with volunteers, including creating online volunteer registration pages and coordinating volunteer logistics (e.g., lunches, snacks, set up/tear down, taking photos, etc.).
Outreach Strategy & Engagement (35%)
· Develop and execute outreach strategy and materials.
· Coordinate applicant mailings.
· Conduct presentations to social service agencies, senior centers, etc.
· Identify appropriate venues for networking and outreach.
· Coordinate participation in relevant outreach events, such as fairs, community events, etc.
· Coordinate community engagement with AmeriCorps members, along with participation by staff, volunteers and homeowners as appropriate
· Connect with referral organizations and service providers who serve potential RTP clients (e.g., other non-profit partners, city and county housing departments, etc.).
· Utilize a variety of media to increase awareness of our services
· Maintain outreach calendar and update Salesforce database with contacts made
Client Relations, Community Partnerships & Referrals (25%)
· Refer clients, as appropriate, to other services in the community
· Coordinate post-project follow-up with homeowners and community centers – obtaining client surveys, testimonials, “after” photos, etc.
· Identify and cultivate new community partnerships
· Develop relationships with other service providers to increase referral networks.
Other projects as assigned (5%)
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
· Understanding of and passion for RTP mission and values.
· Strong interpersonal skills with a particular talent for developing trust and building effective relationships inside and outside RTP.
- Experience in public speaking.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) strongly preferred, other languages a plus.
- Skill in articulating the needs of marginalized communities for a variety of stakeholders.
- Self-reflective, empathetic team player.
- Demonstrated interest in personal and professional growth.
- Knowledge of San Mateo County and northern Santa Clara County (Palo Alto, Los Altos, Mountain View, & Sunnyvale) a plus. Prior experience working with volunteers and in low-income, diverse ethnic communities a plus.
- Impeccable organizational skills, significant attention to detail and follow-through, ability to work on multiple tasks in a growing and changing environment.
- Ability to perform duties with minimum of supervision.
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable and maintain professional decorum under stress.
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, team orientated, small office environment and desire to work with volunteers who provide and need varying levels of support.
- Effectively utilize information technology, social media, and basic office software including Google Apps and MS Office. Familiarity with standard office equipment and Salesforce databases a plus.
In addition, candidates will need:
· Ability to work independently and in a team environment; lift or pull 25 lbs.
· Work occasional nights and weekends, as needed. We offer flexibility to accommodate these obligations
· Provide his/her own car, insurance, and valid CA driver’s license, or other means to travel throughout the Peninsula
· Pass a background check and fingerprinting
RTP offers a competitive compensation package that includes health, dental and vision insurance at no cost to all regular full-time employees. We also offer retirement plan benefits to eligible employees. In addition to standard sick leave and vacation accrual, RTP recognizes 13 paid holidays and shuts down for all business days between Christmas & New Year’s Day. Rebuilding Together Peninsula provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, political belief or activity or status as a veteran.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual (English/Spanish) strongly preferred, other languages a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Confidential Application Process: Email your cover letter (Word or PDF document) summarizing your interest, fit with qualifications, compensation requirements and experience along with a current resume to: Ms. Cari Pang Chen, Associate Director of Rebuilding Together Peninsula at email@example.com. Please note "Volunteer & Outreach Coordinator" in the subject field. Resumes must have a cover letter in order to be considered. For more information about the organization, visit http://www.RTPeninsula.org. No phone calls, please.