4450 Blakely Ave NE
Overview: The Administrative Operations Coordinator leads cross-departmental teams, develops
and implements policies and procedures, co-manages shared use of the 255-acre site by various programs, and oversees day-to-day general operations for the organization. This individual also provides administrative support to IslandWood’s President/CEO.
Reports to: Director of Operations
• Cross-departmental Team Management:
Leads the safety committee and oversees IslandWood’s safety programs.
Leads the operations team responsible for all event and program coordination and delivery on site.
• General Administration: Responsible for internal administrative services that promote the smooth operation of the office including:
Supervises administrative assistant/receptionist.
With Director of Operations, co-manages the organization’s shared information posted on the intranet.
Trains and manages front desk volunteers. Works with Volunteer Manager to schedule front desk volunteers.
Books internal programs, events, and meetings in event management software. Works with staff to coordinate pre-event processes including function sheets, catering, room setups, audio-visual, etc.
Oversees distribution of site keys and maintains the key database.
Oversees vehicle policies and checkout procedures.
Manages short/long-term file storage and IslandWood property checkout.
Compiles monthly staff meeting agenda.
Other duties and special projects as assigned by Director of Operations.
President/CEO Administrative Support Responsibilities:
• Meets regularly with President/CEO to track and coordinate projects.
• Coordinates Action Planning Team meetings, prepares agenda and materials for monthly meetings and annual retreat, and compiles team content for dashboard.
• Coordinates board meetings, prepares board meeting materials including annual board retreat packet, attends monthly board meetings in Seattle, and compiles board meeting minutes.
• Manages board and board committee calendars and documents.
• Communicates regularly with board and board committee members.
• Handles sensitive information that requires a high level of discretion and confidentiality.
• Performs other administrative duties as assigned by President/CEO.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in related area.
• Minimum 3 years’ supervisory experience.
• Ability to work collaboratively and represent all perspectives when resolving operational challenges, developing policies, and managing cross-departmental teams with diverse needs.
• Proficiency in planning and project management.
• Excellent documentation and organizational skills.
• Ability to take initiative, prioritize, and multi-task; excellent time-management, problem-prevention, and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a busy, sometimes noisy environment, with frequent interruptions.
• Punctuality, reliability, and regular attendance are essential functions of this position.
• Ability to work independently, and as part of a team, with accuracy and close attention to detail.
• Friendly and professional customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to motivate others.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office, Office 365, spreadsheet, and database software.
• Demonstrate IslandWood's core values that enable teams and individuals to succeed with shared respect and purpose.
• Support IslandWood’s strategic plan to expand our mission and impact.
• Experience in engaging with diverse communities.
• Must maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
• Must pass child safety screening.
• Must comply with a smoke-free and drug-free workplace.
• Experience with risk management: identification, assessment, and prioritization.
• Experience with non-profit organizations.
• Knowledge of Salesforce, SchoolDude, and EventPro software is a plus.
Compensation package includes the following benefits: medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k, term life insurance, long-term disability insurance, life assistance program.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit a cover letter, resume, and IslandWood Application form including contact information for three current references to:
Search for Administrative Operations Coordinator
4450 Blakely Avenue NE
Bainbridge Island, WA 98110
IslandWood is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. We encourage diverse applicants because we believe having a staff that authentically reflects the community we serve is critical to our ability to be culturally responsive.