Details: Position is part-time, 25 hours per week - with full-time potential within 3-6 months
BYP100 is is a national, member-based organization of Black 18-35 year old activists and organizers, dedicated to creating justice and freedom for all Black people. We do this through building a network focused on transformative leadership development, direct action organizing, advocacy, and political education using a Black queer feminist lens.
BYP100 is seeking a part-time (25 hours per week) Development Manager who is innovative, experienced, organized, a detail-oriented writer and a self-starter to join our administrative team.
This position has the potential to become full-time and/or to become the anchor for a really strong Development team as developed by this person within six months of start date.
Applicants are not required to live or move to Chicago, but must be able to work remotely and travel as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with BYP100 staff and members to develop and implement a comprehensive development plan with strategies and long range goals for individuals and foundations, including donor cultivation/fundraising events and monthly giving program.
- Partner with BYP100 members, staff, and board to identify their specific community or area of focus’ development needs and collaborate on strategy and execution.
- Create a data reporting strategy and evaluation plan to measure impact of the work.
- Prepare and submit proposals, letters of inquiry, reports and other correspondence with funders in a timely manner.
- Isolate and create, from previous submittals and member/staff interviews, standard language to be used in grant proposals and other communications by staff and members: including organizational background and history, program descriptions, explanations of systems, needs statements, demographic information, etc.
- Identify and research funding prospects, concentrating on individual donors, philanthropic foundations, and other socially and culturally responsible partnerships to further BYP100’s strategic and development plans.
- Manage the donor databases (Powerbase/Civic CRM + ActBlue) to ensure proper accountability and stewardship, including data entry, acknowledgements, queries, report building, and assessing donor trends and analytics
- Maintain grants calendar (submittals, reports, renewals, etc.); monitor progress and ensure that all deadlines are met
- Report periodically to board regarding development efforts and progress toward goals
- Collaborate with Communications Manager to develop print and electronic communications, including annual report, social media, web site management content development, press releases, presentations, videos and marketing collateral
- Create, track, and report on annual development budget
- Work with Co-Directors to create and disseminate winter and spring appeals.
- Travel to/from BYP100 National Headquarters in Chicago and other locations as necessary, every 1-2 months.
- Participation in twice yearly 2-day staff meetings (Jan/Aug) and 5-day (May/Dec) staff retreats - 4 meetings/retreats total.
- Miscellaneous administrative duties
Skills & Qualifications
- Demonstrated experience (2+ years) in development: fundraising, community building, grant writing and reporting, etc.
- Strong attention to detail
- Superb relationship building and management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Adaptability and openness to alternative solutions and flexibility when interacting with others
- Capable of handling multiple projects with competing priorities
- Ability to meet deadlines while anticipating quickly changing needs
- Work both independently and as a collaborative team member
- Ability to innovate
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a resume and 2-3 examples of successful past campaigns or events with a a brief narrative detailing what made them successful by October 2, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BYP100 is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage women, femme, LGBTQ, and non-college degree holders to apply. BYP100 prohibits unlawful discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic characteristics, disability, status as a special disabled veteran or veteran, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual identity or any other basis prohibited by law.