Details: Competitive, commensurate with experience and education
2190 Powell Street
Position: Youth Programs Manager, full-time exempt
Reports to: North Beach-Chinatown Beacon Director at Francisco Middle School
Salary: Competitive, commensurate with experience and education
Position Responsibilities: The Beacon Youth Programs Manager works closely with the Beacon Director to design and oversee programming for youth at Francisco Middle School throughout the school day and year, including identifying and meeting the needs of students and families, developing, implementing and evaluating activities and supervising and training staff members. With direction and support from the Beacon Director, job duties include:
- Provide leadership and vision for the Beacon Center’s youth programs including the ExCEL school-year after school program, school-day activities and summer learning program
- Develop and manage day-to-day Francisco programs and relevant youth support services
- Ensure programs are implemented and evaluated as planned including program design, volunteer capacity, collaborations, and school, family, and community relationships
- Ensure enrollment and participation numbers based on grant requirements
- Ensure program activities and operations reflect best practices, specifically around youth development, developmental assets, and newcomer/English Language Learner populations
- Ensure that the program provides inclusive learning experiences that are developmentally and culturally appropriate
- Work closely with staff to ensure smooth service delivery to participants
- Collaborate with other Beacon staff to ensure alignment of activities across all programs.
- Develop, oversee and maintain partnerships with community agencies and businesses, as needed
- Recruit, hire and provide ongoing supervision for program staff, contractors, and community partners, including regular evaluations and assessments
- Help plan and facilitate on-site staff trainings and meetings
- Supervise, observe, and mentor staff on an ongoing basis
- Help ensure compliance with day-to-day program policies
- Serve as the primary point person for Beacon Center’s youth programs
- Ensure completion and compliance with program-specific grant requirements including quantitative and qualitative reporting and tracking
- Help prepare an annual program budget and monitor all expenditures to meet projections
- Attend TEL HI Manager and Beacon all-staff meetings, and other internal meetings as identified by supervisor
- Attend relevant school district, city, collaborative and community meetings, and others identified by supervisor
Position Requirements: This position requires a BA degree and at least three years of management experience in non-profit or community-based social services setting. Experience in program development for adolescent youth and their families and skill at working respectfully with a diverse population of youth, families, staff, and volunteers is important, along with experience in effectively supervising staff in a variety of roles, Problem-solving and excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills are required. Experience in program development and management, budgeting and financial oversight would be a plus. This job requires both the ability to work as a contributing team member and the capacity to work independently. DOJ, FBI, Child Abuse Index, TB clearance will be required. Bilingual applicants with Cantonese, and/or Spanish are encouraged to apply.
The North Beach-Chinatown Beacon Center provides youth, families and community members with safe and engaging programming, offering academic support, enrichment, recreation, employment, and youth development opportunities. Activities and services are offered during the school day, after school, during evenings, and weekends throughout the year at Francisco Middle school. The Beacon is a program of the Telegraph Hill Neighborhood Center (TEL HI), a nonprofit organization located around the corner from Francisco Middle School. Founded in 1890, TEL HI provides opportunities for individuals and families to enrich their quality of life, creating and strengthening community bonds, providing health and wellness programs and broadening education and cultural experiences for children, youth, families, and seniors. Visit www.telhi.org.
Health benefits & retirement benefits
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual applicants fluent in Cantonese, and/or Spanish are encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required