590 Avenue of the Americas
The Foundling reaches 27,000 children and families each year in all five boroughs of New York City, surrounding counties, and Puerto Rico. Established in 1869, our vision is a community where every person, regardless of background or circumstance, enjoys the safe, stable, and supportive relationships needed to reach his or her full potential. To achieve this, we provide evidence-based and evidence-informed programs that focus on keeping families together; preventing abuse and neglect; providing academic support for children; and giving people with developmental disabilities the tools and training they need to lead independent lives. For more information please visit www.nyfoundling.org.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the leadership of the AVP of IT Services, the IT Services Process Improvement Engineer will coordinate interaction of various technical and business stakeholders to collect current operational process and help to identify solutions to improve process throughput.
- The Process Improvement Engineer provides the knowledge and technical skills to deliver innovative ways that systems can be leveraged, integrated, and enhanced to return greater value.
- Participates in brainstorming sessions with various cross-functional groups and subject matter experts to create end to end process narratives, process flow diagrams, and roles and responsibilities documentation.
- Drafts designs and develops novel solutions approved by leadership within the ServiceNow platform to include modifications of applications, forms, workflow, interfaces and any other customization.
- Works with functional teams to deliver automated workflow solutions in ServiceNow.
- Advises functional teams on design, development and overall ServiceNow best practices based on knowledge or research.
- Collaborates with functional teams to create sound automation solutions.
- Troubleshoots automation issues and find practical solutions to address barriers, enabling forward movement in the application lifecycle.
- Presents process diagrams and proposed solutions to the team members responsible for the execution and implementation of the new/updated process.
- Coordinates/assists with training sessions for the new processes and systems.
- Updates and maintains documentation including process flows, procedures and user guides.
- Performs routine duties independently; discusses or seeks approval on complex matters with AVP of IT Services. Keeps AVP informed of status of activities and issues on a regular basis.
- Day-to-day work will be roughly split across the following:
- Process engineering facilitation (30%)
- Team collaboration (25%)
- ServiceNow development (30%)
- Troubleshoots technical issues identified in ServiceNow (15%)
- Organizational Expectations include:
- Regular and punctual time and attendance, and adherence to The Foundling’s and your department’s specific time and attendance policies and protocol.
- Consistent demonstrated commitment to The Foundling’s BHAG, mission, vision and values (Compassion, Dignity, Family and Community, Diversity, Excellence).
- Adherence to The Foundling’s employee policies, Code of Conduct and applicable rules, laws, regulations or bargaining agreements.
- Any other duties and/or tasks that may be assigned.
Level of Language Proficiency
- Education and/or Experience Expectations:
- Bachelors degree from an accredited university.
- 2 – 4 years of experience in process improvement or process redesign experience within IT
- Minimum 2 years of ServiceNow development, configuration and administration experience in an enterprise environment.
- Ability to communicate technical problems and solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Proven track record in both solutioning and implementing process improvements.
- Demonstrable consultative and relationship building abilities.
- Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) certification preferred.
- CSPE or Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification preferred.
- ServiceNow System Administrator Certification preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
We invite you to join our dedicated & diverse workforce by applying directly at <img src="//:0" alt="https://re31.ultipro.com/NEW1025/images/pixel.gif" height="1" width="1"> <img src="//:0" alt="https://re31.ultipro.com/NEW1025/images/pixel.gif" height="1" width="1"> <img src="//:0" alt="https://re31.ultipro.com/NEW1025/images/pixel.gif" height="1" width="1">https://re31.ultipro.com/NEW1025/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=2456.