1090 Vermont Ave NW
The NAF Hotline Fund has immediate full-time openings for Hotline Intake Counselors. The Hotline staffs three shifts, listed below and priority will be given to evening shift applicants.
- 7 am-3 pm
- 11 am-7 pm
- 3 pm-11 pm
The NAF Hotline Fund is a 501 (c)(3) organization dedicated to providing accurate, unbiased reproductive health care information to people from diverse backgrounds and to providing callers with confidential consultation and referrals to providers of quality abortion care. The Hotline Fund also provides case management services to people navigating significant barriers and limited financial assistance to subsidize care for low-income people. The Hotline provides services in English, Spanish, and French.
Hotline Intake Counselors provide callers with unbiased, factual information about pregnancy and abortion and referrals to providers of quality care. Hotline Intake Counselors ensure accurate assessment of eligibility for funding assistance and accurate and complete documentation for eligible patients. Other duties include data entry assistance and other administrative tasks as assigned. Two weekend shifts per month may be required.
- Demonstrated commitment to a person’s right to choose abortion and understanding of person’s complex social and financial situations
- Proficiency in Spanish strongly preferred
- Entry level experience providing counseling services preferred
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Work cooperatively with patients and their families, abortion providers, and staff.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience providing trauma support and resource management
- Possess strong computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and other databases
Salary is competitive with similar entry level positions in the public interest sector. The NAF Hotline Fund offers an excellent benefits package.
The NAF Hotline Fund is an equal opportunity employer and desires to build a strong diverse staff that is inclusive of race, gender/gnc, ethnicity, class, religion, sexual orientation, physical ability and age. The position is located in Washington, DC, and will remain open until filled.
Level of Language Proficiency
The NAF Hotline Fund takes calls from English, French, and Spanish speakers, in addition to English callers so either of these foreign languages would be ideal with particular preference to Spanish proficiency.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and a resume outlining their interest in the position and overall fit to the position. The cover letter should clearly outline the candidate's commitment to a person's right to choose abortion and their understanding of the complexity of social and financial situations. The cover letter should also include salary requirements.