1011 1st Avenue
Partnership Schools is looking for an Operations Coordinator. The ideal candidate is highly motivated, organized, has a passion for education reform, and is ready to dive into a fast paced, exciting entrepreneurial work environment.
The Partnership is a pioneering school management organization (SMO) that is shaping the next generation of urban Catholic education. Granted operational management in 2013 of six long-standing Pre-K to 8th grade schools in the South Bronx and Harlem, the Partnership is committed to providing students in historically underserved neighborhoods with the academic preparation, values, and skills they need to excel.
The historic success of urban Catholic schools stems not only from a rigorous tradition of academic excellence, but also from an emphasis on developing self-worth, moral character, a love of learning, and a sense of civic responsibility—all part of our long-standing commitment to educating the whole child. The Partnership is unique in knitting this tradition together with lessons from high-achieving public, charter, and independent schools, in the service of our students.
For more than twenty years, the Partnership has raised and invested over $200 million in urban Catholic schools. Today, as an SMO, the Partnership is intensifying its efforts to break the cycle of poverty and close the achievement gap across our network schools.
The Partnership currently serves over 2,100 students across the network
- 99.4% of the students are minority
- 65% of the students are Catholic
At the Partnership, we believe all children can achieve at the highest levels. We are eager to meet candidates that are excited and motivated by the challenge of building from the ground up. If you are interested in serving as a pioneer in education and share an unwavering commitment to raising student achievement and an appreciation and respect for Catholic culture, identity, and values, we want to hear from you!
Operations Coordinators play a central role in our school-based teams. Reporting to the Director of School Operations, Operations Coordinators support the school’s daily operations in a variety of workstreams, including but not limited to finances, data systems, communications, enrollment, and tuition collection. In this role, the Operations Coordinator must be able to communicate effectively with students, teachers, families, trustees, donors, and visitors. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support all school staff in daily operations to ensure a safe learning environment for all students;
- Actively oversee and enforce policies and procedures within the school community, ensuring high levels of aesthetics and safety;
- Coordinate between school data systems to ensure that all parent, student, and staff level data is accurate and up to date;
- Coordinate with and assist Director of School Operations is routine reporting and compliance mandates;
- Promote student re-enrollment, ensuring that families receive regular reminders, while working to identify, document, and rectify, reasons that families are not returning for following year;
- Market the school in a variety of ways and effectively leverage the parent community to promote the school;
- Proactively plan and effectively execute parent engagement events;
- Skillfully execute logistics, including overseeing school-based event planning and purchasing;
- Maintain a positive customer service environment with all interactions including those requiring conflict resolution;
- Build relationships and engage every member of the school community;
- Able to go above and beyond to assist in all parts of the school day; and
- Eager for feedback and to learn and grow in a fast-paced, mission-driven environment.
- Passionate commitment to the mission of Partnership Schools.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Customer service experience.
- Ability to learn quickly and respond to feedback.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously with strong attention to detail and follow through within demanding timelines.
- Ability to create and maintain systems that enhance organizational efficiency.
- Spanish proficiency preferred.
- Experience in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- 2-4 years of operational experience.
- Bachelor’s degree.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please navigate to the work for us tab on the partnershipnyc.org site. The "apply for this position" button is located at the end of each job description. Please be sure to upload your resume and cover letter.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Minimum Education Required