The Downtown Alliance seeks an experienced, creative, and dynamic Digital Communications + Content Manager to help grow LMHQ (Lower Manhattan HQ). LMHQ is a 12,000 sq ft collaborative workspace with meeting and brainstorming rooms, an event venue with regular programming, and a membership community. We are a resource for professionals living and working in New York to collaborate, learn and get things done in Lower Manhattan. LMHQ was opened in 2015 by the Downtown Alliance to raise awareness of the growing digital and creative business community in Lower Manhattan, and to draw new companies to the neighborhood.
We are looking for a creative and highly organized individual who will drive the strategy, creation and execution of content and design for LMHQ’s digital marketing and communication efforts, including our website, social media channels, email and newsletter marketing, event ticketing platforms, and digital advertising campaigns. This individual will work collaboratively with a small team at LMHQ, internal staff at the Downtown Alliance, and external partners and vendors. We seek someone who can be flexible, both working as part of a team and also as an autonomous self-starter. This position is an essential part of a highly collaborative small team and collegiality and versatility is greatly valued.
Marketing Strategy Management:
- Build a strategy to effectively communicate LMHQ’s message points to its audience, both on and offline via content, social and email marketing
- Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of marketing and communications programs, and analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results
- Work directly with staff, the communications/public affairs department, outside partners and stakeholders to formulate messages and hone brand voice
Content Marketing Management
- Develop + execute content marketing strategy
- Write + edit content for website + business sites
- Photograph LMHQ events, programming, members and space on an ongoing basis for content (and web) purposes
Email Marketing Management
- Prepare, write, edit and send weekly newsletter + targeted customer and member email blasts
- Manage newsletter email lists
Event Ticketing Management
- Manage ticketing accounts including eventbrite + splash
- Manage event attendee communications
Social Media Management
- Coordinate, manage and grow LMHQ’s social media channels, including Facebook, Facebook Live, Twitter, and Instagram accounts; monitor growth and analytics and keep on top of latest trends
- Build on existing social media strategy to develop new creative campaigns
- Create art and other creative materials for event invitations, social posts, signage, ads, swag and marketing collateral
Digital advertising management
- Develop digital advertising campaigns across multiple platforms that are on-brand and message for LMHQ to outside audiences
- Manage LMHQ AdWords Account, provide feedback and insights and make changes for improvement based on results
- Create, develop and manage branded original content and graphics for LMHQ’s web presence (requires working with content management software)
- Maintain and develop the master content calendar for web properties
- At least three years’ work experience in a communications, marketing, or public relations role;
- Prior work experience should demonstrate superb writing and editing skills for copy and content marketing purposes;
- Proficiency in a wide variety of social media platforms and how they can be deployed for business marketing in different scenarios;
- Knowledge of HTML and experienced with Drupal and Salesforce;
- Have good foundational knowledge of SEO principles;
- Bachelor’s degree is required; a degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or similar field preferred;
- Graphic Design experience required. Must be able to use Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop and InDesign;
- Must work well in a small team setting and be eager to collaborate;
- Must be self-motivated; and
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail a must.
Salary is commensurate with experience. The Downtown Alliance offers a supportive work environment and provides a generous benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested parties should submit a cover letter with salary requirements, resume and three professional references to Daria Siegel, to email@example.com. Please reference LMHQ Digital Communications + Content Manager in the subject line.
Be sure to include links to your personal Twitter, Tumblr, blog or other social media properties, or those you manage, with your resume and cover letter. Please also provide professional writing sample.