K-5 Special Education Teachers (starts July 2018)
- Job posted by University Prep Elementary Schools (Denver, Colorado)
Details: We offer a competitive compensation package including a salary at or above the district scale and comprehensive health benefits.
Position Summary: University Prep’s mission is to educate every child for a four-year college degree and a life of opportunity. Scholar Advancement Teachers, like all of our teachers, are the cornerstone of achieving our mission and are entrusted with advancing it through the implementation our organization’s MTSS model (multi-tiered support services), ensuring targeted interventions and supports effectively meet the needs of scholars with Individualized Education Plans (IEPs) and others with academic and behavioral challenges. Scholar Advancement Teachers deliver a rigorous, standards-aligned academic program in small group settings and through intentional push-in supports with general education. This includes preparation for and execution of engaging and focused lessons based on measurable outcomes. It also includes consistent analysis of scholar progress and adapting to ensure all children’s needs are met. Further, Scholar Advancement teachers, like all teachers, are charged with leading all of our scholars in meeting high behavioral and cultural expectations that support their learning and character development.
· Full commitment to, belief in, and alignment with mission and vision of school.
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
· Highly qualified as defined by ESSA (Every Student Succeeds Act).
· Minimum of one year working in urban education with a history of significant gains in student performance and/or growth.
· Excellent verbal and written skills.
· Experience in writing excellent Individualized Educational Plans (IEPs) and communicating the contents in an accessible way to multiple audiences.
· Experience compiling and managing special education reporting data.
· Experience or familiarity analyzing data and using data to inform decisions and/or instruction.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Openness to feedback, desire to continue development as professional, and willingness to take responsibility for student outcomes and achievement.
· Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish) (not required).
· Embody mission and vision of school.
· Execute/implement rigorous, standards-aligned curriculum including scope and sequence, unit plans, and lesson plans.
· Deliver daily, weekly, interim and end of year assessments to consistently capture student learning.
· Work with campus-based Academic Leadership and the Director of Scholar Advancement to implement interventions and ensure their effectiveness.
· Plan for and deliver engaging, motivating, and rigorous instruction in small group and individual settings explicitly targeting gaps in skills and knowledge.
· Analyze student work and their academic data in collaboration with campus-based Academic Leadership, the Director of Scholar Advancement, and colleagues to action plan and determine the effectiveness of all targeted interventions and supports for students with IEPs and students with additional needs.
· Actively engage with families, children and community members to understand their backgrounds and experiences in order to support an equitable and inclusive school environment.
· Communicate regularly and proactively with scholars and families.
· Collaborate with classroom teachers to draft scholar report cards to ensure meaningful information for families and revise as needed.
· Draft and revise IEPs as necessary to ensure that needs of scholars with IEPs are being met.
· Maintain detailed, meticulous scholar IEP and 504 records according to state and federal guidelines.
· Collaborate with other staff members and actively participate in all professional development and learning opportunities including, but not limited to, a four-week summer institute and weekly professional development.
· Engage in professional development.
· Teach, support and enhance school-wide systems and expectations at all times with all children.
· Continuously use feedback from leaders, colleagues and families to make productive changes in instructional practices and overall performance.
· Complete all administrative requirements before given deadlines.
· Participate in additional activities including field trips, intensive academic support sessions, and other required programs as needed throughout year to best serve our children and community.
Compensation: We offer a competitive compensation package including a salary at or above the district scale and comprehensive health benefits.
Apply Today: visit: http://uprepschool.org/careers/
As an equal opportunity employer, University Prep hires without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Signing bonus, moving stipend and we offer a competitive compensation package including a salary at or above the district scale and comprehensive health benefits.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Apply Today: visit: http://uprepschool.org/careers/