249 Manhattan Ave
Presently, the Huairou Commission is looking for a Bookkeeper to assist in our Finance Department. This job description is designed to fit with complimentary positions including a Senior Accountant, Office Manager (and potentially an Operations Manager). This is a part-time position anticipated to be 20 hours a week Monday – Friday (TBC) in the $22,000-$25,000 range (depending on experience).
Responsibilities of the Bookkeeper include, but are not limited to:
- Verify back-up documentation such as invoices and receipts
- Prepare checks and wires
- Prepare bi-monthly payroll and record it in QuickBooks
- Record deposits in QuickBooks
- Record general journal entries
- Reconcile petty cash accounts and bank statements
- Assist with budget preparation and audits
- Assist with preparation and review of all reports for accuracy and proper disclosure
- Maintain financial hard copy and electronic files
- Setup and maintain new vendors
- Prepare annual 1099’s
- Other duties as assigned
This position requires at least two years of bookkeeping experience, preferably in a nonprofit environment. An AA degree or higher is a plus, but additional verifiable experience will substitute. The applicant must be a US citizen or have the ability to work in the US.
The ideal candidate will be a team player with the ability to interact with diverse individuals. Additional qualifications and requirements include:
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, including bringing forth questions or issues immediately to seek clarification;
- Ability to perform office and bookkeeping duties accurately and efficiently without supervision;
- Experience in Microsoft Office (Excel) and QuickBooks reports and electronic file keeping;
- Self-driven, demonstrates initiative, and can multitask adapting to changing priorities;
- Highly organized and detailed orientated; and
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish is helpful, but not required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send a responsive cover letter, resume and three references to Staci.Alzeibler-Perkins@huairou.org by April 13, 2018. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No phone calls, please. Feel free to consult our website www.huairou.org.