937 Fulton Avenue
Under the general supervision of the Director of Development, will support the development/fundraising initiatives of START. Promote the professional interdisciplinary collaboration and encourage/support teamwork to the internal (staff giving initiatives) and external development activities of the agencies Mission, Vision and Values. The Development Manager will provide integral administrative, communications/stewardship, gift processing, and database support in all areas of fundraising. The Development Manager must be resourceful and able to act in an independent and anticipatory manner, and complete numerous routine and detailed activities on a regular basis while proactively assisting with his/her supervisor’s planned and emergent activities. This position provides a panoramic view of development in the context of a growing team.
- Assists the Director of Development in developing the unit’s strategic plan, addressing critical issues in the fundraising area. The plan will set out objectives for each strategic area of the unit and outlines plans for achieving those objectives.
- Oversee and execute staff giving initiatives
- Maintain donor database to enhance accuracy, integrity, and security.
- Work closely with development, finance, and other staff and vendors to provide required data utilizing Raiser's Edge queries, exports, and reports.
- Maintain donor records; perform daily data entry, and execute regular mail merges to generate donor acknowledgements.
- Maintain all of the organization's donor files and correspondence from donors and prospects.
- Process all donations and enter data into Raiser’s Edge database.
- Reconcile donor database reports with Finance.
- Generate and send timely donor acknowledgements and receipts.
- Use Raiser’s Edge to create and generate analytical reports on a regular basis and as requested.
- Use Raiser’s Edge to generate mailing lists for mailings that include invitations, newsletters and direct mail pieces.
- Prepare fundraising materials for events including sponsorship requests.
- Receive and process event sponsors and ticket revenue from events.
- Create and maintain registration lists for events.
- Manage development communications and donor stewardship details.
- Conduct and prepare funder research and prospect briefings.
- Assist in the preparation of reports and proposal materials for institutional funders.
- Complete writing assignments for Fundraising.
- Participate in fundraising events throughout the course of the year.
- Provide other support to Fundraising team as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or similar field
- 5+ years work experience in a combination of grant writing, and fundraising
- Experience coordinating special events for an employer
- Strong project management skills
- Healthcare experience a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bilingual in any language a plus.
- Strong written communication skills; proposal writing and research
- Must have solid project management skills and be able to develop and execute timelines.
- Within in 120 days must attain a comprehensive knowledge of relevant state regulations and deliverables required by contracts between START and funding agencies.
- Desktop publishing with the ability to create spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications
- Experience with basic fundraising principles.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the position which are reviewed on each individual case.
While performing the responsibilities of the role, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use his or her hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Limitations and Disclaimer
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
Minimum Education Required