Christopher House (CH) is searching for Paraprofessional looking to grow professionally in the field of Education. Candidates must possess a specialized interest and passion for working alongside students with special needs in a variety of ways.
With a mission to develop independent, creative, lifelong learners, our infant, preschool, elementary and family schools build a community of students, teachers, and parents committed to excellence, achievement and perseverance, respect and compassion, and equality of opportunity.
Christopher House partners with parents to provide a continuum of education for students from birth through high school, as well as immersive family supports that help parents create stable, self-sufficient families. We operate accredited early learning, elementary, and out of school time programs grounded in research-based curricula and high-quality instruction.
Children and families thrive when:
- Education begins at birth and continues throughout life, with parents as a child’s first teacher;
- Home environments nurture literacy, achievement, and children’s success;
- Parents have high standards and set high expectations for themselves, their children, and children’s schools;
- Professionally trained teachers know their students as individuals;
- Evaluations and program improvements are data driven;
- Parents and staff work together to continuously evaluate and improve programming;
- Education includes the development of creativity and perseverance and is multi-disciplinary in order to foster each child’s unique strengths and interests;
- Developing independent, creative, life-long researchers, education must include curriculum designed to help scholars develop socially and emotionally as well as cognitively;
- Diversity is celebrated and explored so that learners develop broad perspectives on life and learning; and
- Parents and caregivers support their children financially and emotionally.
- Determine the needs and provide for the development of elementary school children
- Work to create a safe environment for children and act as a role model for teaching staff
- Provide for the education and development of students with special needs
- Work with individual students to reinforce learning of materials or skills initially introduced and outline by certified staff
- Informs certified staff of any problems or special information about individual students
- Model positive behavior and set/follow through with expectations, maintain and collect data to inform curricular and behavioral interventions
- Provide individual support in de-escalation of behavior using strategies introduced and taught by certified staff.
- Participate in professional development workshops as assigned by administration; assist with office when not required to attend professional development.
- Strong alignment with Christopher House’s Values and Mission;
- Strong work ethic coupled with a proactive problem-solving approach;
- Bi-lingual skills in Spanish and/or experience working with students that are special needs and English Language Learners highly desirable.
- Para-Professional certification required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred
If you are interested in this position, please apply below.
Christopher House is an Equal Opportunity Employer.