Bloomberg Philanthropies works to create catalytic change across five areas of focus: arts and culture, education, the environment, government innovation, and public health. Our mission is to ensure better, longer lives for the greatest number of people. Our approach is rooted in Mike Bloomberg's unique experience and success across the field of business, government, and philanthropy.
Bloomberg Associates (BA) is Bloomberg Philanthropies’ pro bono consulting service founded by Michael R. Bloomberg, the 108th Mayor of New York City and Founder of Bloomberg LP, as a philanthropic venture. We provide services to cities that help governments improve the quality of life of their citizens. BA works across nine (9) different focus areas: Cultural Assets Management, Marketing & Communications, Media and Digital Strategies, Municipal Integrity, Social Services, Sustainability, Transportation, Economic Development and Urban Planning, with teams that have deep subject matter expertise and extensive experience in municipal government.
Bloomberg Associates seeks a fellow for six months to assist the Operations Practice in the development of internal project trackers to streamline and enhance reporting processes across teams. Candidate will work remotely. This role will be part-time, ranging from 15 – 20 hours per week.
• Work closely with the Operations and Internal Management team to create new internal trackers to monitor project status across nine disciplines.
• Lead the development of new tools and processes for internal reporting based on needs of BA teams.
• Advise on useability of internal tools and strategies to improve efficiencies.
We seek dedicated, curious individuals with outstanding research, organizational, and interpersonal skills. Other qualifications include:
• Undergraduate degree or graduate with demonstrated academic successes
• Background in project management, consulting, operations or similar field
• 2-5 years of internship /professional experience preferred
• Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
• Strong understanding to navigate matrixed and complex organizations
• Proven ability to solve problems creatively and excellent analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle
Bloomberg Philanthropies is an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and accomplishment.
Bloomberg Philanthropies works to create catalytic change across five areas of focus: arts and culture, education, the environment, government innovation, and public health. Our mission is to ensure better, longer lives for the…