20 Jones Street
Resident Services Manager
Salary Range $66,381 - $73,673
Community Housing Partnership seeks a creative, systems-oriented, and highly organized professional to oversee programming and residential support services for a mix of formerly homeless families and single adults in San Francisco. This is an exciting opportunity to play a leadership role in developing and implementing programming and linkages to assist residents in achieving self-sufficiency. The Resident Services Manager will supervise the Resident Services team at two-to-three sites, assist with program development and implementation, operations, budgeting, contract management, reporting, training, and crisis management. Additionally, this position will play a leadership role in new agency wide initiatives. The ideal candidate has proven leadership in managing organizational change, has in-depth knowledge on evidence based practices to serve formerly homeless individuals and has demonstrated outcomes in increasing client self-sufficiency through engaging skills-based programming. This is an exciting opportunity to join an organization that is considered one of the best supportive housing providers in the country, and to play a key role in creating a data-driven, outcomes focused replicable model of service delivery for formerly homeless individuals and families.
Site Based Leadership
· Provide supervision to site Resident Services staff in accordance with CHP supervisory and personnel policies including hiring staff, conducting evaluations, assisting staff during crises and rapidly responding to all emergency situations, facilitate staff meetings, multi-disciplinary coordination meetings, resident community meetings, and case conferences.
· Maintain a creative, inclusive, and cooperative environment for staff and use a constructive process in dealing with challenges, decisions, and policy-making that respects the rights of staff and residents.
· Work in collaboration with Housing Operations and Clinical Services staff to support residents with housing retention and increased self-sufficiency.
Project Management and Program Development
· Oversees the implementation, and provision of programming for formerly homeless single adults and families using evidenced based practices.
· Provide continual quality assurance around data collection, reporting, and documentation.
· Ensure that the goals and objectives developed for each site are achieved in fulfillment of all contracts and grants, and in accordance with CHP’s mission, culture, and strategic plan.
· Provide support and coverage to other sites as needed.
· Additional duties as assigned by the Director of Resident Services or Director of Clinical and Strategic Initiatives.
· Minimum four years’ experience providing direct services with formerly homeless individuals and/or within a housing based setting.
· Minimum two years of supervisory experience.
· In-depth knowledge of supportive housing, housing first, trauma-informed, and harm reduction principles.
· Proven ability to develop linkages among social service delivery systems and community-based resources.
· Strong written, critical thinking, and interpersonal communications skills.
· Proven ability to manage multiple programs and projects simultaneously.
· Demonstrated experience in curriculum development and program development/implementation for individuals with behavioral health challenges.
· Excellent computer skills (Outlook, MS Word, Excel, Salesforce or other cloud based database).
· Experience with facilitating meetings, organizing events, and community organizing.
· Experience in program reporting, budgeting, finance, evaluation and quality assurance.
· Demonstrated commitment to social justice.
· Valid phone number required.
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit at their desk for long period, use hands to finger for computer keyboard input, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk up and down stairs, climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
· The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
· Mobility to use standard office equipment, including computer, vision to read printed materials, and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone.
· The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· There are no unusual environmental conditions. Typically, the noise level in the work environment is usually moderately noisy.
Required Education, Credentials & Licensure:
· Bachelor’s degree in a behavioral science (social work, psychology, clinical psychology) required. Master’s Degree/Clinical license preferred.
· Supervises site-based Team Leads (1 per site) and site-based Residential Counselors (1-3 per site).
· Location: Tenderloin, San Francisco
· Full-Time / Exempt status
· Hours: Monday-Friday with some evening, weekend, and on-call coverage
· Reports to: Senior Programs Director
Salary commensurate with experience. CHP provides an excellent benefits package including 100% employer paid employee health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance; commuter benefits, 403(b) investment opportunity; Employee Assistance Program, paid training, paid vacation, 13 paid holidays and sick time.
Level of Language Proficiency
Desired qualification: Fluency in Spanish/Mandarin/Cantonese/Russian a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to Giulia Mazza, Talent Acquisition Specialist at email@example.com.