ABOUT THE CHARLIE CART PROJECT
The Charlie Cart Project is a turn-key nutrition education program, including tools, lessons, training, and a compact mobile kitchen on wheels. The Project’s K-5 curriculum is aligned to Common Core and Next Generation Science Standards, providing a strong foundation of cooking skills, and a deep understanding of the connections between food, health and the environment.
The Charlie Cart Project was founded in 2015 by Carolyn Federman, who has worked in food education for nearly 15 years with food system pioneers Alice Waters, Michael Pollan and Jamie Oliver. The Charlie Cart Project is a small but rapidly growing organization, now active in 100 sites across 30 states. Learn more at www.charliecart.org.
The Administrative Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to support the organization in managing daily operations for the Charlie Cart Project. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Administrative Support (20%)
- Manage calendar for Executive Director including: scheduling meetings, sending daily schedule to ED, and making travel arrangements for conferences/off-site trainings.
- Scheduling and Meeting Support:
- Schedule and coordinate Board of Directors meetings, including document and meeting preparation, program updates, and other communications.
- Draft, prepare and print materials for meetings, trainings and travel; prepare materials needed for bi-annual Board Meetings
- Oversee efficient office-wide systems, including: workspace in shared office, physical files, mail, digital/server files, CRM, and Google Drive.
- Respond to general organizational inquiries, ensuring clear data management and communication to CCP team of all initial cart inquiries.
Bookkeeping and Fundraising Support (30%)
- Manage accounts receivable and payable, including: generating client invoices, entering vendor invoices and payments, and cutting checks using QBOL.
- Manage vendor contracts, MOUs and invoices.
- Filing, bookkeeping reconciliation, and pulling basic financial reports (from CRM and Quickbooks), as needed.
- Manage grants received and track calendar or reporting and donor acknowledgements. Coordinate and support fundraising events as needed.
- Assist with site training preparation, as needed.
- General program support as needed
Sales, Marketing and Production Operations (50%)
- Maintain CRM database, following established protocol of internal systems to facilitate cart sales and customer service.
- Data entry: track all inquiries, sales, donor contact information and engagement, customer and vendor contact information.
- Run CRM reports, as needed for sales and customer service, donor relations and marketing purposes.
- Track cart sales through sales process: from initial inquiry to shipment, including scheduling initial online training session in coordination with CCP Program staff.
- Production Coordination: Coordinate delivery of all cart materials, including print documents, and Kit of Equipment, in collaboration with Production Manager.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Commitment to the mission and goals of the organization
- Strong work ethic, diligent and focused
- Flexible, collaborative, adaptable work style
- Self-starter; comfortable wearing many hats
- Sense of humor
- Creative approach to problem solving
- 3 - 5 years + experience, post-college, in full time office management/support role or equivalent operational role. Please note that internships do not meet this qualification.
- Proficient in CRM data entry and management,
- Proficient in Quickbooks or other online accounting system
- Excellent computer skills. Proficient in Word, Excel and Google Drive
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Able to work well with a diverse workforce and customer base
- Health Insurance
- Standard Vacation
- Flexible work hours, with option to work from home 1-day/week
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
This is a full-time position with benefits. This person will work out of the Charlie Cart Project offices in Oakland, CA. Position offers significant growth opportunity with a small organization that is making a broad impact on a national level.
Please send a cover letter with resume to email@example.com.