3807 Church Avenue
Brooklyn Empowerment Wellness (BeWell) Center is a collaboration between Global Trauma Research & Haitian Centers Council. The Center provides intensive counseling and psychiatric services to individuals impacted by trauma.
The Outreach Specialist will have the responsibility of engaging providers, and providing administrative assistance to the Clinical team.
This position is Mon-Thurs or Sat. part time with the opportunity to become a full time employee. The
schedule can be flexible, and the Specialist will report directly to the Clinical Supervisor.
The ideal candidate should be in a Master's program in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, Public Health, or similar field.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Outreach in the local neighborhood to individuals, local businesses, community groups, health providers, non-profit organizations, and elected officials.
· Assist with writing reports on outreach projects.
· Outreach to potential counseling patients, and conduct intakes when necessary.
· Assist with the implementation of different outreach projects.
· Facilitate creative events in and outside the office to encourage engagement.
· Assist with administrative office duties.
Qualifications and Skills
· Enthusiasm for mental health and public health in underrepresented communities
· Creative ideas for events and outreach
· Strong attention to detail; good organizational and analytical skills
· Experience in community outreach preferred
· Acquiring a degree in mental health counseling, psychology, public health, or a related field preferred
· Bilingual Fluency in Spanish or Haitian-Creole is a MUST
Level of Language Proficiency
Haitian Creole or Spanish
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume AND cover letter to info@GTRInc.org