Details: Salary is commensurate with experience.
50 Milk Street
Reporting to the Senior Partnership Manager, you will work closely with your teammates to build state-level movements to empower public schools through the creation of high-autonomy, high-accountability Empowerment Zones. You will support the cultivation of partnerships, the execution of Zone design projects, and the growth of our impact in target high-need states such as Massachusetts and Colorado. You will receive coaching and mentorship from experienced leaders in education and non-profit management. This position is based in Boston and applicants must be willing to travel up to 30% of the time to support our work on-the-ground in districts across the country.
Your work will vary based on your interests and organizational needs. Responsibilities may include:
Support partnership development and execution of state and district partnerships
- In collaboration with teammates, develop and cultivate relationships with potential state and district partners across the country
- Build a productive and professional working relationship quickly with various stakeholders
- Support development of project proposals and partnership documents
- Support cultivation of potential philanthropic supporters for local partnerships
- Support execution of Zone design and launch partnerships
- Create custom community-focused presentation and communication materials for various stakeholders (e.g., district partners, school-based staff, community members, state policy champions, etc.)
- Lead the creation of clear and compelling written deliverables to enable Zone approval and facilitate Zone strategic planning (e.g., application documents for district or state authorization, concept papers, strategic plans)
- Serve as project manager for specific project workstreams; successfully manage and track workflows and activities of staff, consultants, and partners as required for successful execution
- Work with teammates to support the design and implementation of programmatic strategy in new Zones, including supporting Zone leadership teams, supporting recruitment of Zone staff, cultivating school improvement partners, and communicating progress
Conduct research to inform Empower’s approach in target states
- Through research, analysis, and conversations with knowledgeable local contacts, examine the state education landscape in target states and make research-based recommendations about high-potential partner districts, possible partnership approaches, and potential local champions and non-profit partners who seem aligned with Empower’s approach
- Research state policy and past school improvement initiatives to understand local context and potential policy pathways in target states
Build Empower’s knowledge of the national education landscape
- Keep track of recent and in-progress education laws that could impact our work
- Conduct research on innovative Zone and school models across the country
- Stay up to date on media coverage related to our work
Provide support to Empower Schools on other initiatives, as needed
Empower Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please reference Program Manager - Boston in the subject line of your e-mail and please save your attachments using the following convention: LastName_FirstName_CoverLetter and LastName_FirstName_Resume.