40 West 20th Street
Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) is the nation's most effective environmental action group, combining the power of more than two million members and online activists with the expertise of nearly 500 scientists, lawyers, policy advocates, and other professionals across the globe ensure the rights of all people to the air, the water, and the wild. NRDC was founded in 1970 and our staff helped write some of America's bedrock environmental laws, including the Clean Water Act, and many of the implementing regulations; our water enforcement cases played a major role shaping current water policy throughout the country. Today, our staff – a force for nature - work out of offices in New York, Washington DC, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Bozeman, Montana and Beijing.
NRDC is seeking a Development Assistant in our NY Office. Reporting to the Director of Donor Systems, the Development Assistant will provide administrative support to the entire Donor Systems Team. The Donor Systems Team manages the department CRM, Salesforce and all donation processing and reporting. The responsibilities of this position will be generally administrative but also include data-based projects with heavy work in Microsoft Excel and Salesforce.
- Calendar management for supervisors, scheduling and coordinating meetings.
- Help develop meeting agenda and record minutes to ensure that action items are kept on track.
- Maintaining team calendar.
- Prepare expense reports and process invoices.
- Assist in in general gift and data entry in Salesforce.
- Sorting and opening mail and check processing.
- Coverage for team absences.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) in related field or equivalent experience strongly preferred
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Nonprofit database experience, Salesforce strongly preferred
- Self-directed, with the ability to prioritize and simultaneously work on multiple projects
NRDC is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity and expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a pleasant working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with experience. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, for positions based in San Francisco, CA we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply, please visit www.nrdc.org/careers and upload your resume and cover letter through our online portal. Please no phone calls, emails, faxes or in-person resume drop-offs. Please reference where you saw this posting. NRDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are having technical difficulty while applying, please reach out to Customer Care by dialing
For further information about NRDC, please visit www.nrdc.org
Minimum Education Required