275 7th Avenue
Progressive labor union, UNITE HERE is seeking a Payroll Supervisor (ADP). UNITE HERE is fighting for dignity, living wages and affordable health care for low wage workers. We represent more than 250,000 workers in the hotel, textiles, industrial laundry, gaming and food service industries throughout the United States and Canada. For more information, please see: http:www.unitehere.org
Manage bi-weekly payroll preparation/processing for both U.S. and Canadian employees. Responsible for the efficient functioning of the Payroll unit. Establish procedures and protocols to ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, provincial and city laws and regulations.
Position Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Ensure timely processing of payroll; and tax, levies and garnishment remittances;
- Ensure compliance with new tax jurisdiction, multi-state and provincial tax requirements;
- Perform a wide variety of record keeping and payroll processing activities, including wage and overtime payments, calculating and recording payroll taxes and deductions;
- Review work of Payroll Assistant and provide appropriate training and guidance on payroll procedures and technical issues;
- Prepare worker’s compensation reporting requirements, domestic partnership, pension audits, 401K Plan non-discrimination testing and other payroll related audits;
- Perform periodic internal audits of various payroll areas and prepare reports for internal and external reporting;
- Review Form W-4s, W2s, T-4s. Conduct quarterly and year-end 941s reconciliation;
- Review automated system output such as payroll registers and standard reports, determine and correct out-of-balance conditions and ensure accuracy of staff distribution codes;
- Maintain a functional payroll calendar to monitor routine tasks, special projects and deadlines;
- Prepare bi-weekly payroll analysis and provide recommendations to Accounting Manager;
- Maintain employee confidence and protect payroll operations by keeping information confidential;
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional payroll associations. Make recommendations on potential changes impacting the Organization;
- Perform related duties as required.
- 10-year experience in Payroll Processing, with 5-year Supervisory function, Worker Compensation, Employment Law, Developing Standards, Accounting and Analysis.
- College degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent extensive training and education in Payroll functions and management.
- Extensive technical and practical knowledge of Payroll processing, tax and reporting requirements.
- Extensive knowledge of worker’s compensation reporting requirements, domestic partnership, pension audits and 401K Plan non-discrimination testing.
- Experience in ADP Workforce Now payroll system required.
- ADP Certified Payroll Specialist preferred.
- Ability to interface with all levels in the Organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and adhere to deadlines.
Excellent health and pension benefits included.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email your resume with the job title on the subject line to email@example.com