2500 NE 54th Street
YouthCare works to end youth homelessness and to ensure that young people are valued for who they are and empowered to achieve their potential. Founded in 1974, YouthCare was one of the first shelters to serve runaway and homeless youth on the West Coast. The goal was to help young people find safety today, and build a future for tomorrow. Over four decades, we’ve defined best practices and developed programs that are a national standard for excellence. Using a youth-centered approach, we ensure that young people experiencing homelessness ages 12-24 have the hope, skills, and confidence to gain long-term stability.
YouthCare is currently seeking a Program Manager – HOPE Center for Under-18 Housing Services: Under the supervision of the Director of Under-18 Housing & Shelter Services, the Hope Center Program Manager will manage the operations of YouthCare’s Hope Center Shelter. Management of the program includes hiring & supervising program staff, providing onsite and one-on-one supervision of staff, crisis intervention, participating in meetings, record keeping, and reporting, and implementation of programming in accordance with YouthCare and funding source procedures, rules, and guidelines.
Successful candidates will have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field and at least 5 years of experience working with street youth.
- Supervisory abilities that promote effective staff performance
- Relevant experience, training, and demonstrated skills in each area managed.
- Strong management and organizational skills as well as the ability to be flexible while maintaining a safe environment.
- When on-call, must be able to respond in person and address emergent and safety concerns within a reasonable amount of time 24 hours a day.
- Experience and credentials must comply with program contract requirements
YouthCare is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by law. People of Color and Members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.
We offer competitive compensation, medical, dental, vision, paid leave, and transit subsidies!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To learn more and apply for this opportunity, please click here: Program Manager – HOPE Center