529 14th Street Northwest
District of Columbia
Founded in 2002, the Theodore Roosevelt Conservation Partnership is a 501(c)(3) organization working to guarantee all Americans quality places to hunt and fish. In service of Theodore Roosevelt’s conservation legacy, we unite our partners and amplify the voices of sportsmen and women in Washington, D.C., and with decision-makers across the country—all to help create federal policy and funding solutions that benefit fish and wildlife habitat, sportsmen's access, and the outdoor recreation economy.
The Digital Organizing Coordinator will bring the principles of grassroots organizing online through organic and paid social media to generate activism and attachment to the organization in new and innovative ways. We are looking for a creative and skilled technician with the proven ability to drive online audiences to action, build and retain membership, and analyze the effectiveness of these strategies. You will become the in-house expert on our membership and social audiences by tagging, tracking, and testing to segment followers by their interests, preferences, and giving habits.
Candidates are not required to have hunting and fishing experience, but should show an interest in these traditions and understand the values of sportsmen and women as they compare to the values of the environmental community. An authentic voice and natural ability to engage online will be among our top considerations for this role.
This position reports to the Director of Communications and can be based in either our Washington, D.C., or Missoula, Mont., headquarters. Remote candidates will also be considered. Salary is commensurate with experience, and benefits are included. Some travel may be required. The TRCP is an equal-opportunity employer.
- Integrate digital marketing campaigns across all our policy centers (water, marine fisheries, agriculture, conservation funding, and Western lands) to inform, engage, and drive sportsmen and women to donate or take action
- Create, implement, budget, and track innovative paid social media campaigns that grow and diversify our database, influence policy, or hold lawmakers accountable
- Customize content for specific segments of our audience and perform A/B testing to fine-tune messaging
- Project-manage third-party contractors and troubleshoot issues with websites, forms, and e-newsletters
- Analyze and present performance metrics
- 2+ years of proven experience crafting and executing paid and owned digital content
- Intimate knowledge of social media and email marketing
- Working knowledge of Google AdWords, Facebook Business and Ad Manager, WordPress, Google Analytics, Photoshop, Sprout Social, and/or similar tools
- Experience with NGP-VAN/EveryAction or another eCRM (Blackbaud/Luminate, Salesforce, HubSpot)
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills; publishing experience a plus
- Fluency in data and metrics reporting
- Strong project management skills and ability to prioritize projects
- Comfort with basic HTML and SEO keyword research
- Offline organizing experience a plus
- Video editing experience a plus
- Passion for the outdoors and/or interest in national politics
- Ability to multi-task and remain focused in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working in multi-layered organizations with many stakeholders
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines and deliverables
Generous medical benefits, vacation time, and holidays; 401K match; paid maternity/paternity leave; reimbursement for smartphone and gym membership; paid time off for mentoring or being mentored in the outdoors. Details will be discussed after initial interview.
Minimum Education Required