POSITION: Development Coordinator
REPORT TO: Executive Director
The Development Coordinator position primarily carries out the implementation of fund development activities for current and potential areas of work at KAN-WIN. Given the duties of this position and the collaborative nature of the organization, this position will interface with all staff and volunteers, as well as with external constituents.
The Development Coordinator will provide support to and work in collaboration with the Executive Director and Associate Director depending on specific responsibilities. This position requires strong organizational, communication and writing skills and ability to prioritize as well as multi-task.
Fund development is essential to the overall success of the organization and therefore, it is imperative that the person in this role be dedicated to providing the support needed by the Directors to assist in securing the resources necessary for providing support to those accessing these vital programs.
1. Contribute to organization’s fundraising by:
- Assisting with preparing and writing of grant documents (foundations and government) including letters of inquiry, proposals, reports and contracts.
- Researching grant prospects by identifying new programming area
- Supporting individual donor cultivation and engagement through assisting with direct mail appeal processes, gift processing and acknowledgment, data integrity maintenance, running internal reports, and creating and implementing strategies to keep donors engaged.
- Working with the Executive Director and the Board fundraising committee to implement individual donor cultivation and engagement strategies and to garner corporate and other private sponsorships
- Creating and updating fundraising materials, including fundraising brochures, videos and other media items
- Serving as KAN-WIN ambassador at special events
- Coordinating logistics of the annual benefit gala and other special events by partnering with the annual benefit dinner committee members: research and solicit sponsorships, determine décor, manage invitation production, RSVPs, entertainment, etc.
- Providing support for coordinating special events committees with the board members: attend meetings, take RSVPs, record minutes, and coordinate logistics.
- Supporting board activities in scope of fundraising duties
- Managing organization’s fundraising related database (Salesforce)
2. Identify communications and marketing needs for successful special/regular fundraising campaigns and ensure those needs are met in, as needed.
3. Support the management team with research and operations in respect of advancing development goals.
Program and Support
1. Provide programs that requires hands-on support, as needed
1. Join ad-hoc committees as needed (based on interest and/or skill set or position)
2. Review meeting minutes from all programs to stay informed about KAN-WIN activities
3. Provide feedback in the interest of improving KAN-WIN and its culture
4. Support KAN-WIN through events attendance and community networking
5. Attend and actively participate in KAN-WIN’s agency-wide activities
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please specify “Application for Development Coordinator” in subject line, and attach the following materials:
- Cover letter specifically referencing qualifications enumerated above
- A list of three references