INCITE and the Center for Oral History Research seeks a Project Manager with oral history interviewing experience and familiarity with education, democracy, international affairs or philanthropy. Reporting to the Executive Director of INCITE and the Director of the Columbia Center for Oral History Research (CCOHR), the Project Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Carnegie Corporation of New York Oral History Project.
- Works closely with the Director and INCITE Executive Director to supervise the conducting of 300 hours of interview. Specifically, the Project Manager will oversee the creation and maintenance of a database tracking progress on interviews with narrators, and work with an office assistant to coordinate the workflow with other interviewers.
- Collaborates with INCITE Executive Director to produce regular narrative progress reports.
- Supervises of technical advisors for remote recording of interviews, working with them on scheduling, production and deliverables. The Project Manager will work with the office assistant in the final processing and preparation of 300 hours of interviews for submission into the archive, and direct a staff project coordinator to do editorial work to prepare interviews for submission.
- Conducts approximately 45 sessions during the project's 24 month duration, including all background biographical research associated with the individual interviews.
- Performs related duties & responsibilities as assigned/requested.
**NOTE TO APPLICANTS: THIS IS A 2 YEAR POSITION WITH THE POSSIBILITY OF EXTENSION IF ADDITIONAL FUNDS ARE SECURED.**
- Bachelor's degree and / or its equivalent with 2 years of related experience
- Excellent organizational, communications and project management skills essential.
- Knowledge of oral history procedures required. Fluency with MS Office application.
- Familiarity with various recording technologies is essential.
- Must have at least one year experience working in an oral history archive or equivalent.
- Knowledge of digital media preferred.
- Previous experience in conducting oral history interviews.
- Formal training or work experience in the philanthropic sector.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.