Details: Competitive salary commensurate with experience
Rocketship Public Schools is a network of public elementary charter schools serving primarily low-income students in neighborhoods where access to excellent schools is limited. Using a blend of traditional instruction, adaptive technology and targeted tutoring, Rocketship strives to meet the unique needs of each and every student. But we believe that truly transformative schools do more than educate students; they empower teachers, engage parents and inspire communities. Together, we can eliminate the achievement gap in our lifetime.
Rocketship was founded in San Jose, but we realize the achievement gap stretches across the nation. We're opening new schools every year to help reach the millions of students striving in underperforming schools every day.
The Community Engagement Associate is a full-time exempt position on Rocketship | Milwaukee’s Growth and Community Engagement (GCE) team serving communities in the north and southside of the city. Under the management and guidance of the Regional Director and with support from the Associate Director of Family Recruitment, this role is responsible for leading new family recruitment and community mobilizing efforts for new Rocketship schools; managing and coaching a team of family recruiters and interns in results-driven campaigns; developing key relationships and mobilizing community efforts in targeted areas of growth; and coordinating with school leaders in the recruitment, retention, engagement, and support of our students and families.
Family Recruitment (50%)
• Manage a team of family recruiters towards the vision of building strong, trusting relationships with families and staff, investing them in the school's success, influencing them to support their student, resulting in maximum enrollment and retention.
• Create and execute recruitment plans for new Rocketship schools on Milwaukee’s northside, ensuring schools open at the planned enrollment levels;
• Organize and plan school and community events that bring schools, families, and the broader community together;
• Plan weekly and monthly recruitment events with a focus on engaging school based staff in the promotion of their school site;
• Collaborate with the GCE team to ensure that parents are deeply engaged in Rocketship’s work and are highly effective advocates for educational reform throughout the region; advise on school-level strategies in support of parent empowerment;
• Foster relationships and develop champions with community based organizations, faith leaders, elected officials, civic and community leaders that lead to positive engagement of the community and neighborhoods where Rocketship has and will have a presence;
• Support charter renewal and application processes in order to support all high performing Rocketship schools to be successfully renewed and further develop Rocketship’s impact and growth
Community Engagement (15%)
• Engage external stakeholders with a focus on developing existing relationships and building new partnerships that will help support the work of communicating educational options to families in the communities we serve;
Regional Team (10%)
• Provide support to the Regional Director and GCE team with regional campaigns as needed.
• Develop high quality presentation materials to be used across the region
• Work with Regional Team and national Network Support Team to foster community among faculty and staff members across the region;
• Occasionally provide accurate and detailed, rapid-response research to assist Network Support Team and Regional Director with evaluating various growth strategies;
• B.A. or B.S. Degree required; Master’s degree (business, public administration, policy) preferred
• 2+ years managing part time staff, volunteers or seasonal employees, through multiple projects and field campaigns preferred
• A passion for Rocketship’s mission to eliminate the achievement gap and a belief that all families deserve high quality educational options.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills
• At home in a fast-paced, analytical, and entrepreneurial environment, with demonstrated ability and desire to help shape a new role and flexibly shift responsibilities over time, as the region grows role.
• Genuine enjoyment of “on the ground” work, combining people and project management with direct execution of detailed processes. Strong customer-service orientation.
• Skilled at building strong working relationships with people in both senior- and junior-level roles across the Rocketship network. Experience “managing through influence” and driving results from multiple stakeholders without direct oversight.
• Deep commitment fellow Rocketship employees. An individual who enhances our workplace culture and values.
• Ability to manage multiple large projects simultaneously.
• Strong PC-based computer skills and ability/willingness to learn new computer programs quickly.
• Ability to build and manage group culture and navigate complex group dynamics
• Ability to differentiate content/experiences to address local context and group-specific needs effectively.
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality where required and discretion when involved in sensitive conversations.
• High tolerance for ambiguity, changing work priorities and deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to be detail-oriented, organized, and resourceful
• Fluency in Spanish or other language common among prospective Rocketship families is preferred but not required.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
To submit an online application, please go to the following link: http://www.rocketshipschools.org/join-our-team/network-support-opportunities/
Rocketship Public Schools provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Rocketship Public Schools complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Rocketship Public Schools expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Rocketship Public Schools' employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Minimum Education Required