Details: Starting salary mid 70s to high 70s (commensurate with experience).
40 Rector Street
Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization that delivers impartial medical care to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from health care in over 70 countries.
We welcome candidates who bring a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to join us in working toward MSF’s common mission.
Our dynamic Development Department is responsible for raising over $350 million annually in funds in order to meet the financial needs of our organization.
The Development Systems team serves the entire Development Department by supporting all fundraising operations, from massive multi-step, omni-channel marketing campaigns to supporting the growth of high touch relationships with major donors, foundations, and corporations.
Under the direction of the Senior Analyst, the Data Analyst will support critical areas in constituent data management, analysis and reporting of Development department. The Data Analyst will be a team player able to communicate effectively with internal and external partners to support growing data management demands and will represent Development Systems responding to ad-hoc data requests and supporting ongoing business processes and improvements. We seek a fast learner who enjoys collaboration and teamwork. He/she will be goal oriented and focused on completing requests based on approved priorities and timelines. Successful candidate will successfully apply his/her experience and knowledge in modern technical tools, platforms and tactics. This role is an opportunity for a brilliant, collaborative, results-oriented problem solver to support our data-driven fundraising efforts as our teams work to raise more than $400 million a year. The ability to multitask, be prepared for shifting priorities and to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment is essential. The candidate must demonstrate creative problem solving, analytic thinking, technical knowledge of relational databases and query language (SQL). Candidate should be flexible to perform other related duties as assigned.
I. Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Supporting Development-wide efforts to use best practices in data management, ensuring integrity of the data and quality of data processes (75%)
· Provide technical assistance to the Senior Analyst to ensure requests of Fundraising teams are delivered to a high-quality level within a reasonable time based on approved priorities
· Support intelligent, donor-centric audience segmentation to help us deliver to them the right messages at the right time and in the right channels
· Help kick off innovative new fundraising projects and campaigns that use data in new ways and reach new audiences
· Gather, analyze and document business requirements from technical and non-technical users, identify problems and suggest enhancements
· Collaborate with various teams to support objectives and deliverables
· Complete assigned tasks from project plans to high standards and within approved timeframe
· Liaise with end users and vendors in support of multiple requirements
· Provide ongoing support of testing and troubleshooting
· Create reports and analyze data as requested
· Help set up ongoing reports and queries and train staff in how to use
· All other related tasks as assigned
Data and Systems Maintenance (25%)
· Assist Senior Analyst with testing, troubleshooting and documentation
· Support ongoing data hygiene improvements
· Identify and implement process improvements to increase operational efficiency and effectiveness, simplifying and automating where possible and reducing manual work
· Manage and support data imports, optimization and other ongoing data maintenance
· Identify potential data risks and areas for improvement
II. Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit for long periods and to concentrate on work, including typing, and turn out heavy volumes of work accurately, within the context of a moderately noisy office with many interruptions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
III. Working Conditions, Travel and Environment
The duties of the job require regular attendance 5 days/week during normal business hours for a minimum of 35 hours. Must be able to travel if required for standard domestic and international business travel.
· Minimum 3 yrs. relevant work experience, preferably in a non-profit, plus Bachelor's degree, or degree in computer science, statistics or marketing preferred.
· Experience in working in modern CRM and ideally marketing cloud environment able to operate across multiple teams
· Strong computer literacy, and proven experience extracting and manipulating data from large customer/donor databases.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills, including ability to manipulate, analyze, and interpret data, and advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of relational databases and ability to compare complex data sets via SQL, and ability to analyze and interpret data to both technical and not-technical partners.
- Keen attention to detail and project management skills.
· Strong interpersonal and written and oral communications skills and a solutions-oriented approach.
· Ability to handle a large volume of work under pressure
· Ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
· Excellent judgment and diplomacy and ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
· Working knowledge of reporting functionality in Microsoft Dynamics CRM; familiarity with Revolution Online (ROI), our current donor database.
· Marketing knowledge or experience and overall passion for fundraising support.
· Data visualization skills.
Full Time Exempt
Fixed Term Contract
Starting salary mid 70s to high 70s (commensurate with experience).
Desired Hiring Date
12, December 2018
Working Time %
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, send letter of interest/cover letter and resume to: email@example.com,
ATTN: “Temporary Data Analyst” position.
Submissions without cover letter will not be reviewed. No phone calls please.
Application Deadline: November 23, 2018