The Ironbound Community Corporation (ICC) is a 51-year nonprofit organization whose mission is to engage and empower individuals, families and groups in realizing their aspirations and, together, work to create a just, vibrant and sustainable community. ICC strives to address the needs of our diverse, multi-lingual, multi-cultural community. Today, ICC serves more than 1000 children and families every day with a wide range of programs and services. ICC also strengthens communities through advocacy, neighborhood organizing, and community development initiatives
· Knowledge of governmental accounting principles and procedures along with the ability to apply such knowledge to accounting transactions.
· Understanding and experience with the OMB Circulars and other federal and state regulations.
· Assist in the continuing effort to make the accounting function more efficient by identifying areas for improvement and work with the Controller to implement accounting “best practices”.
· Accounting degree or related field.
· MUST have 3 to 5 years non for profit accounting and grant accounting experience.
· Must have Abila/Sage MIP or similar accounting experience
· Microsoft- word, excel and power point experience.
· Financial presentation skills
· Financial analytical skills
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
· Knowledge of A-133 audit.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: Ironbound Community Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, age, handicap, religion, national origin any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
If interested, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Grant Accountant”
The Ironbound Community Corporation (ICC) is a 51-year nonprofit organization whose mission is to engage and empower individuals, families and groups in realizing their aspirations and, together, work to create a just, vibrant and…