1600 Duke Street
This description incorporates the core responsibilities of the job. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed and that not all responsibilities may be carried out depending on operational needs.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Senior Manager, Graphic Design will assist with building public awareness of the Foundation’s activities, brand, messaging, programs and events through print and digital graphic design. This position requires someone who is creative, adept at multitasking, organized and keeps up with current graphic design trends. This individual will also be expected to deliver on key objectives, plus manage project schedules, resources and vendors, and assist in the supervising of a graphic design coordinator.
Please be prepared to share a portfolio of your print and digital media accomplishments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain a consistent look and feel to all Prevent Cancer Foundation® digital and print materials and ensures compliance with Foundation brand guidelines in all graphic design.
• Provide graphic design services for the Foundation's digital assets, including but not limited to the Prevent Cancer Foundation® website, preventable cancer fact sheets, e-newsletters and the digital version of the Foundation’s annual report.
• Provide graphic design services for the Foundation’s print materials, including but not limited to the Foundation’s annual report, quarterly newsletters, brochures, preventable cancer guides, postcards, and conference event collateral materials.
• Work with website specialist in the design and brand identity of the Foundation’s website.
• Perform routine daily and periodic updates of online text, photographs, videos and forms.
• Work closely with other divisions in the development of digital and print publications, projects and materials.
• Design graphics for email marketing campaigns and the Foundation’s expanding social media platforms: Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+ and YouTube.
• Complete file preparation, press checks and vendor communication for offset (press) and digitally printed material.
• Perform additional duties as required.
• BA/BS with a portfolio of 3-5 years of graphic design
• Ability to process and execute design vision while maintaining brand identity
• Fluency with core graphic design principles (typography, form, color, composition, imagery, etc.)
• Highly proficient with the Adobe Creative Suite in a Mac or PC platform
• Strong knowledge of HTML and CSS, Flash a plus
• Experience with media production is a plus (shooting photos, editing video)
• Ability to work effectively in a Wordpress Content Management System
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
• Ability to meet deadlines, work well independently and multi-task
• Ability to work well across divisions and with external vendors if required
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and decision-making
Conveniently located near the King Street Metro Stop, the Prevent Cancer Foundation offers a generous benefits package that includes healthcare, 401(k) participation, paid vacation, sick leave and federal holidays.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply: Send a cover letter, résumé and portfolio of recent work to Lisa Berry, Managing Director of External Affairs, at Lisa.Berry@preventcancer.org. Please put “Senior Manager, Graphic Design” in the subject line.