Details: competitive salary
256 Washington Street
HOURS: Part-time or Full-time 21-35 hours per week
NYS license and current registration to practice as a Registered Nurse. Clean current NYS driver’s license. Electronic health reporting experience strongly preferred; excellent computer, writing and oral communication skills essential. Knowledge of mental illness and psychotropic medications. Willingness to deliver services in the field including at participants’ homes throughout Westchester County.
The Guidance Center of Westchester seeks an experienced Registered Nurse to join our new Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) program based in Mount Vernon, New York, and serving all of Westchester County. ACT delivers comprehensive services to individuals who are diagnosed with serious mental illness and whose needs have not been well met by more traditional, facility-based, services. ACT services are evidence-based, person-centered, and individualized, and focused on outcomes for community reintegration, mental health stability, and active participation in normal life roles for work, education, living, relationships, and socialization. Most services are delivered in the community in natural settings where problems arise.
The ACT Team consists of a multi-disciplinary staff that includes a director, psychiatrist, RN, program assistant, and specialists in family, employment, housing, substance abuse, and peer wellness. Each clinical team member carries a caseload, and provides general case management services in addition to any specialized services needed by recipients.
Specific responsibilities of the Registered Nurse:
· Conduct psychiatric and health assessments, counsel participants individually on self-care
· Provide a range of treatment, rehabilitation, and support services
· Refer participants to community physicians and maintain contact with primary care providers
· Administer injections and instruct participants on medication adherence
· Coordinate laboratory services and reports
· Document all services and progress notes in electronic health reporting
· Order and store medical supplies
· Attend clinical and administrative team meetings
· Participate in staff development trainings
The Guidance Center of Westchester, now in our 76th year, offers competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and professional and collaborative working environment. For confidential consideration please apply as follows:
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required