1211 Connecticut Avenue Northwest
District of Columbia
Girls on the Run is a life-changing, character development program for girls in 3rd through 8th grade. Our mission is to inspire girls to be joyful, confident and healthy using an experience-based curriculum, which creatively integrates running. The Girls on the Run program provides a safe and interactive way to learn about healthy living which includes an introduction and education on important topics such as goal-setting, cooperation, healthy decision-making, and self-respect, while training for a 5K event. The research based curriculum teaches girls to listen and open up while also encouraging them to commit to a healthy lifestyle, and harness the inner strength that they possess. Our important mission is accomplished by giving girls the tools to make positive choices for a healthy body and mind, while reducing the many risks they face today.
A 501(c)3, Girls on the Run – DC is one of 220 independent councils of Girls on the Run International. The Washington, D.C. council was founded in 2006 and the program has grown from serving 13 girls on one team in Ward 3 in fall 2006 to serving almost 2,200 girls a year in all 8 Wards of the District.
The Operations Manager, an Exempt position, works with the Executive Director and other members of the organization, as well as external service providers to ensure that the business transactions of GOTR-DC are aligned with our mission, our strategic vision, and our values. The Operations Manager is a full-time position and may have occasional night and weekend hours. Responsibilities include:
Financial accounting and reporting
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures
- Support the gathering of information for the annual audit and liaise with the Board's Finance/Audit Committee and the external auditors as necessary
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions
- Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, and petty cash
- Reconcile bank account(s)
- Review monthly results and monthly variance reporting
- Manage the cash flow and prepare cash flow forecasts in accordance with policy
- Lead the bookkeeping function including maintenance of the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll
- Oversee the policies and procedures to ensure that personnel and financial information is secure and stored in compliance with current legislation
- Liaise with the Treasurer, Finance Committee and/or Audit Committee as appropriate
- Assist the Executive Director and the Board Treasurer with financial reporting as required at Board meeting and the Annual General Meetings
- Work in conjunction with the Director of Development to ensure appropriate reporting to donors and supporters
- Process and reconcile invoices and expense reports
- Log accounts payable and receivable
- Manage, with the Executive Director, the annual budget process in conjunction with the Treasurer and/or Finance Committee of the Board of Directors
- Assist function leaders with the preparation of budgets for funding applications
Payroll preparation and management
- Oversee all payroll functions to ensure that employees are paid in a timely and accurate manner
- Negotiate and manage the employee insurance and benefits plans
- Process and submit statutory and benefits remittances on time
Human Resources Management
- Maintain employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Manage employee time off requests as well as timesheets.
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
- Maintain management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Maintain historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
5K Management Oversight
- Lead the operational logistics of the 5K including the race committee, procurement of items such as race premiums, volunteer giveaways, medals, merchandise, etc.
- Oversee the 5K event management company to ensure alignment of event goals.
- Ensure contractual compliance with event vendors and service providers.
- Manage contracts with all third-party vendors and partners.
- Ensure general office management in terms of materials, facilities, and services.
- Manage all information technology function, including support vendors, equipment inventory, and service providers.
- Prepare board meeting documents and administrative duties as needed for the Executive Director.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field.
- Minimum 5 years work experience in business development and/or accounting.
- Working understanding of accounting principles, standards, and procedures.
- Strong organizational, problem solving and analytical skills; ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel and proficiency in QuickBooks accounting software.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism and integrity in dealing with confidential issues; ability to work independently, and execute sound reasoning and judgment.
- Excellent oral, and written communication skills.
- Health insurance
- SIMPLE IRA (after a year - up to 3% match)
- 15 vacation days
- 5 floating holidays
- 8 main holidays
Minimum Education Required