**All applications must be submitted by insert date at https://jobs.mdc.mo.gov/go/View-All-Job-Opportunities/4412600/
**Any applications submitted through external links will not be reviewed.
The IT Support Services Section Chief leads and manages the Department’s technology support services program. Develops relevant support services programs, policies, standards, and processes related to IT support service program delivery. Oversees the IT service desk, IT technician services, IT field services, IT administrative services, IT procurement services, and IT asset management services. Works with IT Branch Chief, other IT Branch Section Chiefs, IT Supervisors, and various staff to develop and monitor the annual IT budget, and to develop and monitor IT Branch metrics. Supervises IT Support Services section Supervisors.
Essential Job Duties
- Manage Department’s technology support services strategic planning, operations, incident response, and organization to ensure efficient customer-focused support for all technology-related products and services provided by or through the IT Branch.
- Oversee IT service desk, IT technician services, and IT field services; ensure compliance with relevant policies, procedures, and standards; ensure prompt response to technology service issues.
- Manage Department’s technology procurement, IT warehousing, IT asset management and coordination, and administrative services for the IT Branch.
- Develop and manage IT Support Services section budget and performance metrics; lead development, support, and oversight of overall IT Branch budget and IT Branch metrics program.
- Supervise direct reports in the IT Support Services section, including hiring, staff development, and performance management.
Ancillary Job Duties
- Oversee service and problem management system to provide standard methods for IT work intake, response and delivery.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Required qualifications to effectively perform the job. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in computer science, computer information systems, information systems management, business administration, public administration, math, or engineering required; Master’s degree (M.S.) in comparable field desired.
- 8+ years related work experience required.
- 3–5 years supervisory work experience required; 5–8 years desired.
- CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Project+, and ITIL Practitioner-level (or higher) certifications desired.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Understanding of computer systems, including software productivity tools, human resources/finance software, IT support management software, and hardware technologies.
- Understanding of data analysis, records management, and database management.
- Understanding of Geographic Information Systems.
- Understanding of process management, including maintaining internal controls, project proposals, and contract administration.
- Understanding of human resource principles and practices, including recruitment.
- Budget development and implementation, including experience with multi-million dollar budgets.
- Interpersonal communication with internal and external project stakeholders.
- Strong writing, speaking, critical thinking, mathematical, and complex problem-solving skills.
- Technical skills, including equipment selection and installation, operations analysis, quality control analysis, troubleshooting, technology design, and systems analysis and evaluation.
- Management of financial, material, and personnel resources.
- May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those knowledge, skills and abilities commonly associated with this position.
- Every day, the position requires work in an office environment.
- Once a month or more (but not every week), the position requires being in or operating a closed vehicle (like a car).
- Once a year or more (but not every month), the position requires working in remote locations.
- Once a year or more (but not every month), the position requires exposure to the outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
- Multi-tasking in an office environment, often sitting for long periods at a time.
- Possessing and maintaining a valid Missouri driver’s license.
- Lifting up to 5 lbs. regularly; lifting up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Activities that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.