The Business Process Manager is responsible for managing RIP Medical Debt’s debt purchasing and abolishment process. In order to promote the continuous improvement of the process, the position will combine the roles of a purchasing manager with those of a business process analyst experienced in total quality management and software development disciplines.
This position is classified as a staff lead. While such a role is not a supervisor in the administrative sense, the person holding this position should have substantial skills and experience in leading cross-functional project teams. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
● Improve the cross-departmental process of debt portfolio purchasing and cancelation through standardization, and good data and process management techniques
● Work with members of the Debt Operations and the Development department t to process and analyze debt files and create relevant reports for purchase decision-making
● Perform qualification tests to verify that debt portfolios purchased conform to donor requirements and RIP Medical Debt’s tax-exempt purpose.
● Collaborate with the Accounting department to engage third-party appraisal firms to establish the fair market value of donated debt portfolios.
● Manage third-party mailing service vendors to ensure cost-effective and timely issuance of letters to debtors apprising them that their debt has been relieved.
● Provide reports to the Development department showing the number of debtors helped, the value of debt abolished, etc. to assist them in reporting back to donors about the results of debt abolishment campaigns.
● Work with members of the Accounting department to define and provide the information required for management reporting and internal control purposes.
● Create reports and visualizations in Power BI that demonstrate the impact and value of our work
● Define functional requirements for the debt purchasing and abolishment process.
● Assist members of the Information Systems department in defining technical specifications for systems used in the debt purchasing and abolishment process.
● Assist members of the Information Systems department in testing and rolling out new and improved systems to support the debt purchasing and abolishment process.
● Develop and implement procedures for collecting and reporting performance data for the debt purchasing and abolishment process.
● Develop and implement corrective action plans when deficiencies are identified in the debt purchasing and abolishment process.
● Stay current with emerging trends in business process improvement methods and information systems technology to support the continuous improvement of debt purchasing and abolishment processes.
● Perform other tasks as may be assigned by management or supervisors from time to time.
● Adhere to the organization's conflict of interest and code of ethics policies.
Required Work Experience
● Minimum 5 years of experience in corporate purchasing and/or business process analysis positions.
● Strong oral and written communication skills.
● Strong collaborative skills. Knowledge of corporate purchasing or similar business processes.
● Knowledge of project management methodologies.
Other Desirable Skills, Experience, Education, Licenses, Certifications, etc.
● Bachelor degree in business or computer science
● Experience in using SQL and Business Intelligence tools, such as Power BI
● Experience in the hospital revenue cycle or debt purchasing industries
● Experience in working with software development teams
● Knowledge of total quality management principles and related business process improvement disciplines
● Standard orientation training
● HIPAA compliance training
The Business Process Manager is responsible for managing RIP Medical Debt’s debt purchasing and abolishment process. In order to promote the continuous improvement of the process, the position will combine the roles of a…