Position: Development Manager
Reports To: Senior Development Director
Position Status: Full Time
Location: Dallas/Fort Worth - remote
The Parkinson's Foundation (PF) makes life better for people with Parkinson’s disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, we build on the energy, experience, and passion of our global Parkinson's community.
The Development Manager is responsible for implementing the mission through fundraising events and corporate, donor, and volunteer development. The person in this role will cultivate partnerships and alliances that promote growth and awareness within the community.
The position encompasses three main areas of focus and responsibility - Recruitment & Fundraising, Planning & Logistics and Community & Volunteer Engagement:
Recruiting & Fundraising – 70%
- Achieve fundraising and recruitment goals for a portfolio of community-based fundraising events including Moving Day, and Revolution.
- Secure sponsors for fundraising events and education programs; provide annual partnership offerings. Maintain pharmaceutical relationships and prospect non-pharma companies
- Identify, cultivate and steward donors to secure individual and campaign gifts up to $10,000 and collaborate with a Major Gifts Officer on gifts over $10,000.
- Direct the identification, recruitment, cultivation, and recognition for fundraising participants and teams to ensure event fundraising and recruitment goals are met.
Planning & Logistics – 15%
- Produce fundraising events, including executing logistics, securing event venues and vendors including all necessary permits, contracts and payments.
- Develop and monitor annual Chapter and fundraising event budgets.
- Work with the Senior Director to create, oversee, and implement a strategic plan to meet Chapter fundraising goals.
- Develop and execute a marketing plan for the Chapter and its fundraising events, including promotional materials, websites, social media, public relations, email communications, and monthly e-blasts.
- Assist event participants in navigating the fundraising event websites and social media tools.
- Order collateral materials related to fundraising events including marketing materials, signage, t-shirts, incentive prizes giveaways, etc.
Community & Volunteer Engagement – 10%
- Recruit, train, and manage local volunteer and committee members to assist in implementing the Chapter’s strategic plan and fundraising events.
- Build new and maintain existing relationships with existing Parkinson’s Foundation community partners and professionals.
- Actively seek opportunities to address community needs and positively impact local community while advancing the mission, goals and values.
- Serve as a representative for Parkinson’s Foundation, presenting to various groups promoting the Foundation, the Chapter, and its events and acting as spokesperson when necessary.
Other – 5%
- Maintain accurate records and files for constituents, donors, fundraising events, programs, and activities.
- Prepare routine reports to share with leadership through analysis of event metrics.
- Keep abreast of national office activities and adequately utilizing available resources.
- Be knowledgeable about Parkinson’s disease and the Foundation’s strategic plan and operations.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 3 years of experience in fundraising, preferably within a non-profit organization.
- Proven experience with peer-to-peer fundraising.
- Capable of building and sustaining relationships with a variety of individuals and organizations.
- Ability to close face-to-face sales and sponsorships.
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service and motivation to participants as well as business and social leaders.
- Strong volunteer recruitment and management skills.
- Proven and significant skills in planning, budgeting, and volunteer development.
- Outgoing, energetic, with strong written, verbal and problem-solving skills.
- Organized, detail-oriented, able to adhere to timelines and prioritize.
- Strong computer skills, proficient with MS Office suite.
- Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge and Luminate is a plus.
- Proficiency in WordPress, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter.
- Ability to work a variety of hours including days, nights, and weekends.
- Must be able to lift at least 20 lbs. from the ground to waist level with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to travel throughout Texas. Travel up to 20%.
Compensation for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.