The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation’s most effective animal protection organization, is seeking a Senior Coordinator, Outreach and Stewardship for our Cleveland Amory Black Beauty Ranch (CABBR) in Murchison, Texas. The sanctuary provides a permanent home to more than 800 domestic and exotic animals, with over 40 species. In this position you will coordinate all public outreach and visibility efforts for the sanctuary and act as the center’s liaison with all the organization’s campaign and philanthropy departments. You will also ensure our advocacy goals are met through onsite visitation, media coverage and online communications.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing, planning, and managing revenue generating events for Cleveland Armory Black Beauty Ranch (CABBR).
- Overseeing event planning, coordination, implementation, budget and logistics, including dinners, on sight donor visits, ranch tours, donor suite management and donor itineraries.
- In conjunction with the philanthropy department, stewarding donors throughout the process;
- Ensuring educational components about the HSUS are included in activities;
- Coordinating with office manager and philanthropy for all event RSVPs via mail, email, and phone and responding to questions and inquiries by donors and guests as required; communicating with sponsors when needed and preparing post event follow up mailings;
- Working with Philanthropy, Planned-Giving, Business Development, Corporate Relations and partnering organizations to ensure the success of fundraising plans. Working to secure in-kind donations, sponsorships and grants within Texas to support the ranch. Ensuring sponsors/donors are properly recognized in all correspondence, reports and materials, according to contractual agreements;
- Managing CABBR social media pages and posting consistently to promote CABBR; Including a variety of topics that adhere to the organization’s Social Media Guidelines;
- Networking with community organizations and businesses to promote the organization’s mission, providing education on organizational campaigns, gaining financial support, and expanding our volunteer base; Providing volunteer supervision as needed;
- Identifying marketing channels and using a variety of communication strategies to build local brand awareness of CABBR;
- Expanding marketing efforts among core constituencies, including center supporters, animal advocates of all ages, humane educators, and corporate sponsors;
- Creating collateral and PR copy for print, web, and social distribution;
- Working with integrated marketing department to support and provide content for an online strategy to build support and awareness of CABBR nationally and locally.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience required. Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience preferred;
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in outreach and development, preferably in a similar nonprofit organization or in animal care field, required;
- Experience in planning charity events & humane education is a plus;
- Excellent project management, written and oral communication, organizational skills, and attention to detail;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Access);
- Understanding of and interest in animal-related issues;
- Good organizational, planning, and time management skills with demonstrated flexibility and the ability to manage multiple projects and issues of varying complexity, while meeting time sensitive deadlines and deliverables;
- Must be able to move/lift packages weighing up to 40 lbs.;
- Flexible schedule and be available on weekends as needed;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of donor, constituent and other sensitive information;
- A valid driver’s license is required and a clean driving record is strongly preferred, with the ability to demonstrate and maintain a safe driving record while employed;
- Commitment to the mission, values and goals of the Cleveland Amory Black Beauty Ranch and the Humane Society of the United States.
This position is located in Murchison, TX.
Submit your resume and cover letter as one document.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, and disability, marital or parental status or protected veteran status. EOE