The New York County Lawyers Association is seeking an individual to serve as the Administrator of its Pro Bono Programs. NYCLA’s Pro Bono Programs help carry out its mission to arrange for the provision of free legal services for indigent, low-income and other persons in need. NYCLA currently has eight active programs, which are run either directly by NYCLA or in collaboration with other organizations. The Pro Bono Programs Administrator will report to the Director of Pro Bono Programs of the Association.
· Answer calls regarding program inquiries; meet with Director of Pro Bono Programs regularly to assess outstanding inquiries.
· Schedule and assist in conducting initial intake interviews/screening for programs run and assigned by NYCLA; collect relevant documentation from prospective client and follow-up to complete case file prior to assignment.
· Schedule client meetings with Director of Pro Bono Programs or other supervising attorney where appropriate.
· Maintain project/client files relating to each pro bono program.
· Assist the Director of Pro Bono Programs coordinate pro bono trainings and related training manuals.
· Communicate with trained volunteer pool about new pro bono opportunities.
· Schedule volunteers for legal clinics run by NYCLA and supervise clinics where applicable.
· Provide support to volunteer attorneys as appropriate, in collaboration with the Director of Pro Bono Programs.
· Monitor progress of cases, maintaining an up-to-date status log for review.
· Help maintain legal referral resource book and provide referrals where appropriate.
· Reserve conference rooms for attorney/client meetings
· Coordinate and assist with NYCLA’s Fee Dispute program administration, as needed.
· Perform other functions as required by the General Counsel and Director of Pro Bono Programs.
· A Bachelor’s degree, accompanied by a strong academic record.
· At least 2 years of relevant professional experience that demonstrates excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills, effective multi-tasking and problem-solving abilities, and strong time management skills.
· Strong personal work ethic and ability to adapt.
· Computer literacy, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
· Collegial personality and ability to work cooperatively with a diverse team of professionals.
· Self-motivated, works well under pressure and ability to handle several projects at one time.
· Excellent judgment and a sense of humor.
· Experience working with non-profits, membership organizations and/or bar associations.
· Proficiency in Spanish.
· A Juris Doctor degree is desirable, but not required.
Applicant must be able to devote approximately 40 hours per week to position, with flexibility as to hours depending on the needs of NYCLA’s Pro Bono Programs.
Level of Language Proficiency
Proficiency in Spanish.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
· Cover letter addressing your experience related to the position responsibilities and the required and preferred qualifications
· Current resume
· Salary requirements
The New York County Lawyers Association is reducing its carbon footprint and therefore paper applications are not accepted. Please submit the requested documents/ information by April 15, 2018 to email@example.com. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
The New York County Lawyers Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer – all individuals are encouraged to apply regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability or age.