IIE administers the Global EducationUSA Services Program through a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA). The Training Manager, Global EducationUSA Services serves as the IIE lead for the development, implementation, and assessment of all EducationUSA adviser training and professional development activities for over 550 advisers located throughout the world. In close collaboration with ECA, formulates, develops, and implements an integrated continuum of EducationUSA adviser professional development and training, including both in-person and virtual programming. Serves as a resource for and works closely with Regional Educational Advising Coordinators (REACs) to oversee the execution of the training continuum. The Training Manager oversees and collaborates with the Iran Virtual Adviser, as well as the Communications and Social Media Analyst. S/he regularly communicates with program partners and works in close consultation with counterparts in ECA. Additionally, the Training Manager authors, compiles, and analyzes data for a variety of reports and special projects.
- In consultation with ECA, responsible for the design and delivery of adviser training and professional development, including conducting needs assessment, establishing goals and objectives, working with diverse training methodologies, developing materials, and program evaluation for both in-person and virtual training.
- Drives the assessment, development, and implementation of global training programs for EducationUSA advisers. Provides technical oversight and compilation of annual and life-of-project work plans, involving all relevant stakeholders, to identify, develop, and sequence the activities needed to successfully complete program deliverables, which includes both high-level design and day-to-day program activities of the adviser training continuum.
- In close cooperation with ECA, develops an adviser training continuum that aligns with the EducationUSA adviser core competencies and provides a holistic “roadmap” for EducationUSA adviser training. Develops mechanism to monitor and evaluate the short‐ and long‐term impacts of the adviser training continuum.
- Ensures adviser training continuum and all training activities’ effectiveness and alignment with EducationUSA strategy and overall professional development goals. Develops and implements a comprehensive assessment system to evaluate and measure training effectiveness and inform training program development and effectiveness of virtual platforms.
- Serves as lead project manager for Adviser Training Institutes in Washington, DC and at U.S. higher education institutions, including the organization of participants, trainers, guest speakers, ECA program officers, and host campus representatives. Oversees the logistical, financial, and administrative work of the Events and Training Coordinator to ensure all arrangements for the Adviser Training Institutes.
- Serves as a resource on virtual learning platforms and facilitates virtual instruction to develop adviser competencies. Provides training support to the network via significant virtual content and delivery, tailoring programs to strengthen advisers’ core competencies.
- Develops and manages network‐wide site to house online resources, trainings, and virtual discussions for the utility and use of all EducationUSA REACs, advisers, and ECA and IIE program staff.
- Oversees the EducationUSA Iran Virtual Adviser based in Washington, DC and the Communications and Social Media Analyst.
- Collaborates with team in areas of overlapping interest and provides opportunities for collaboration and synergy.
- Guides individual performance via timely feedback and support.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred with a minimum of eight (8) years of relevant experience.
- At least five (5) years of project management in all phases including initiation, planning, execution, performance monitoring and close-out highly preferred.
- Experience in leading the design, development, and delivery of in‐person and virtual training.
- Experience with creating and managing online courses, webinars, and trainings with Moodle, Adobe Connects, and/or other virtual educational platforms and learning management systems.
- Experience working with a global team.
- Experience working with the U.S. higher education community and EducationUSA preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent understanding of and demonstrated skills related to the design, development, delivery, and evaluation of adult learning programs and products across the modality spectrum—face-to-face, virtual and self-paced. Ability to develop workshop/course curriculum and professional training modules.
- Ability to communicate, negotiate, advise, and persuade on matters that are highly complex and sensitive in nature. Must have awareness, sensitivity, and understanding of cross‐cultural issues.
- Cultivated people skills needed to develop trust and leverage communication among all stakeholders and collaborators.
- Proven ability to work effectively in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressure. Must be self‐motivated and able to follow through to the end of assignments while meeting goals and deadlines.
- Must possess ability to manage complex programs working with international and virtual project teams. Ability to guide and motivate others.
- Excellent critical thinking skills and judgment.
- Strong written communication skills, including demonstrated ability to write required documents in a clear, concise, well‐organized manner.
- Knowledge of and/or familiarity with federal standards and guidelines.
Work Conditions & Physical Demands:
Essential functions are performed in a general office setting with low noise. Job demands may require long periods of sitting; telephone work and/or computer work, as well as interactions with other team members and external stakeholders. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
IIE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.