Details: Competitive NGO salary, annual discretionary bonus.
CDP North America, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated, entrepreneurial individual with proven self-starter skills to represent CDP globally in the infrastructure finance arena.
CDP is an international non-profit that drives companies and governments to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions, safeguard water resources and protect forests. Voted number one climate research provider by investors and working with over 650 institutional investors with assets of US$90 trillion, we leverage investor and buyer power to motivate companies to disclose and manage their environmental impacts. Over 6,300 companies with some 55% of global market capitalization disclosed environmental data through CDP in 2017. This is in addition to the over 500 cities and 100 states and regions who disclosed, making CDP’s platform one of the richest sources of information globally on how companies and governments are driving environmental change.
The successful candidate will be responsible for engaging a range of global investors and other capital markets stakeholders on sustainability and infrastructure projects submitted to CDP under the Matchmaker Program (see link here) and supporting CDP in the development of city project grading criteria.
The Manager will contribute to the development and implementation of both the Investor Initiatives and CStaR NA teams’ strategies, lead CDP's engagement with infrastructure investors, specific signatories and other relevant financial stakeholders.
This role advances CDP’s objective to increase the level of investment in climate-friendly urban infrastructure projects and contribute to the reduction in global greenhouse gas emissions through the newly launched “Matchmaker” initiative.
The Sustainable Infrastructure Manager will report to CDP's Head of Investor Initiatives North America with matrix reporting to the head of CStaR (Cities, States and Regions) for North America. The successful candidate will work integrally with the global Investor Initiatives team and the global CStaR team.
- Manage existing membership subscriptions and recruit new subscribers for CDP’s sustainable infrastructure financing product “Matchmaker”
- Maintain and strengthen relationships with institutional investors, as well as help recruit new investor signatories/members to CDP's disclosure platform.
- Organize and facilitate multi-stakeholder roundtables, workshops and webinars that link investors, cities and relevant partners in line with grant deliverables
- Engage in consultations with investors, partners and cities to develop project grading framework
- Support partnerships with city network organizations and manage investor groups to promote Matchmaker
- Manage key CStaR Matchmaker project deliverables for bringing financial market participants to relevant consultations and educational opportunities
- Develop insights and analysis from CDP data to highlight Matchmaker use cases;
- Present at conferences, virtual webinars and other events;
- Ensure existing Matchmaker grant deliverables are met;
- Contribute to writing and development of funding proposals
- Support Head of Investor Initiatives in strategic projects
Required skills and experience:
- Knowledge of project or infrastructure finance (or a related field working with institutional and other investors interested in climate project or city-related investments)
- Experience liaising with contacts in senior positions at pension funds, insurance companies and investment managers
- An understanding of the issues of climate finance to cities and infrastructure finance.
- A passion for integrating ESG issues into the mainstream investment process
- Familiarity with the UN Sustainable Development Goals and an emphasis on social equity and a just transition
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills in English. Other languages a plus.
- A flexible but diligent working style, with proven record of working within a team
- An entrepreneurial spirit and desire to own and drive the delivery of successful projects
The role is based in CDP’s offices in New York. The successful candidate will be provided with a contract for a fixed term of 12 months starting on November 1, 2018. International travel may be required.
Excellent health & dental benefits, non-contributory 401k (additional contributory 401k amount optional), 24 days’ vacation.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested applicants must be eligible to work legally in the US.
To apply please email your CV and a covering letter setting out how you meet the required skills and experience or key responsibilities, which should be no more than two pages, to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Sustainable Infrastructure Manager (II)’ in the subject. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.