Details: FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
4601 Presidents Drive
About Our Organization
The Maryland Network Against Domestic Violence (MNADV) is the federally-designated statewide domestic violence coalition that brings together victim service providers, allied professionals, and concerned individuals in Maryland for the common purpose of reducing intimate partner and family violence and its harmful effects on our citizens. The Network accomplishes this goal by providing education, training, resources, and advocacy to advance victim safety and abuser accountability.
The Maryland Network Against Domestic Violence is seeking an Administrative Specialist to assist with managing the administrative duties of the office. We are looking for an individual who is professional, efficient and able to excel in a team environment. The ability to multi-task, while maintaining complex schedules and managing administrative support, is essential in this position. The ideal candidate for this job is resourceful, a good problem solver and organized. Assuring a steady completion of workload in a timely manner is key to success in this position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks including managing an active calendar of appointments, completing and submitting reports, composing and preparing correspondence
· Manage administrative workflow daily, ensuring that deadlines are met and work is completed correctly
· Assist with special administrative and office operations projects
· Perform data entry with accuracy and efficiency
· Maintain filing and database systems
· Manage internal and external correspondence, including an office email inbox
· Answer and direct phone calls and visitors with accuracy and professionalism
· Respond to crisis calls and information/referral requests from domestic violence survivors, concerned individuals, service providers and allied professionals
· Monitor and order inventory of office supplies
· Maintains office facilities and equipment by assisting with procurement and routine maintenance and upkeep
· Coordinate, process and track requests for publications
· Provide support to special projects and events
· Other duties as assigned to contribute to the betterment of the organization
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience producing comparable knowledge and abilities
· 3-4 years in administrative support role
· Thorough knowledge of administrative procedures and standard office equipment
Skills and Styles:
· Strong organizational skills required
· Strong computer skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required)
· Accurate typing skills – preferably 50 WPM or above
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal communications and teamwork skills
· Knowledge of basic accounting procedures and business math, including good numeracy skills
· Proficient in use of email and internet
· Must be detail-oriented, able to handle multiple priorities at once and meet deadlines
· Ability to work collaboratively in a diverse, team-oriented environment as well as independently
· Takes ownership of projects and can prioritize assignments
· Must maintain a professional demeanor
· Affinity to the mission of the Maryland Network Against Domestic Violence
· Position is on-site, 40 hours per week.
· MNADV-paid health care available for the employee
· Employee-paid vision and dental insurance available
· 11 paid holidays
· 20 days of paid leave is accrued (sick and vacation)
· Reimbursement for national and statewide travel
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
People of color, LGBTQIA+ persons, survivors of interpersonal violence, and women are strongly encouraged to apply. MNADV is committed to providing an inclusive, welcoming and safe environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients where employees respect one another and share a commitment to our organization’s mission, values, and strategies. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. MNADV does not and shall not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.
Note: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Position will remain open until filled. Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis. A criminal background check is required. Applicants must submit a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com. Only applicants who have been selected for an interview will be notified. Please no calls.