The Manager, Membership works as part of a team in a fast-paced environment, focused on providing excellent customer service to NYCB members from the $100 to $2,499 levels. Responsible for planning and leading Membership acquisition appeals, renewals, and second asks, through the various channels of fundraising (direct mail, tele-funding, and online) and benefit fulfillment. This individual executes and plans member dress rehearsals, member receptions, and other events throughout the year. This individual serves as a primary contact and manages the data for the Company’s annual tele?funding campaigns and implements new strategies to grow the base of supporters and to upgrade current members into higher levels of giving. The Manager serves as the direct supervisor to the Assistant, Membership and works in collaboration with all areas of individual giving.
Major Duties and Responsibilities: Manages Membership department to further fundraising objectives. Works with the Director, Major Gifts & Individual Giving:
- Create and manage Membership’s acquisition, renewal, second-ask, and special campaigns to expand the individual donor base.
- Organize and oversee weekly membership rehearsals during repertory seasons, including selecting programs, managing RSVP lists, working with Theater operations and production team, and coordinating with Volunteers Services.
- Manage annual tele-funding campaigns, including coordinating data and suppression files with Donor Record and fielding questions from the on-site call room manager.
- Organize and manage quarterly member working dress rehearsals in collaboration with Theater Operations, Volunteer Services, the Call Center, and the Box Office during the Company’s performance seasons.
- Works with Marketing and outside vendors to design various individual giving publications, including the brochures, donor event invitations, Membership cards, and Membership welcome packets.
- Develops and maintains Membership’s financial projections and expenses. • Manages Membership’s annual solicitation and events calendars.
- Hires and supervises membership interns throughout the year. Oversees membership and individual giving tasks to advance annual fundraising plans.
- Manages the Membership Assistant to coordinate monthly Membership renewals through direct mail, telefunding, and online
- Oversees Membership Assistant to generate Membership tax receipt/gift acknowledgement letters and Membership cards on a monthly basis.
- Works the Membership Assistant and Donor Records to source and process all Membership gifts from mail, telefunding, and online.
- Serves as the primary contact with outside vendors including mail houses and graphic designers for all Membership communications.
- Works Marketing department to increase Membership’s presence on NYCB’s social media platforms, digital communications, and season subscription campaign materials.
- Oversees the Assistant, Membership in uploading and updating attendance data into Tessitura for Membership events
Supports development with planning and implementing organizational goals
- Leads tracking of all Membership campaigns, contribution, and challenge grants by fundraising channel and source, and creates and manages various reports as needed.
- Works with other Development areas to manage production and special crediting language in printed and electronic materials.
- Assist IT and Donor Records with database management needs for Membership.
- Provides support and completes additional projects as assigned.
- Highest moral character and integrity
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Experience with Tessitura or related donor database preferred
- Three to four years’ experience in fundraising or marketing
- Self-motivated, results oriented, and goal focused
- Committed to and enthusiastic about the mission, programs, and services of NYCB
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently and meet deadlines with limited oversight
- Financial accounting and solid customer service skills required
- Persuasive and strategic communicator with demonstrated interpersonal skills and problem-solving ability
- Proficiency with standard business applications, such as MS Office
- Ability to work well in a team environment