Details: Not Listed
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation - the world's leader in the search for a cure for cystic fibrosis, and one of the most innovative and successful organizations of its kind - is seeking a Manager, Policy and Advocacy.
We are a nonprofit, donor-supported organization that has raised and invested hundreds of millions of dollars to help develop cystic fibrosis therapies that have changed the lives of people with this disease. Nearly every CF medicine available today was made possible because of Foundation support.
The Manager serves as the Foundation’s lead lobbyist at the Federal level and plays a key role in developing and advancing the Foundation’s policy agenda to support the cystic fibrosis drug development pipeline and ensure people with CF have access to high-quality, specialized care. The Manager will track and analyze relevant legislation and regulations, help shape the Foundation’s policy positions on these issues, and serve at the lead advocate for CFF’s policy priorities on Capitol Hill, with federal agencies, and with other external partner organizations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as CFF’s lead lobbyist at the Federal level, representing the Foundation in meetings with Member of Congress and their staff, with the administration, and with external partner organizations.
- Develop lobbying plans, Congressional targets, and strategies to influence key decisionmakers.
- Represent CFF in meetings with other stakeholder groups such as other patient advocacy organizations and formal and informal coalition meetings.
- Track, analyze, and develop CFF positions and responses to legislation (both authorizing and appropriations), regulations and guidance documents relevant to CFF’s public policy agenda.
- Draft comment letters, correspondence to Congress, materials for Foundation leadership, testimony, and other documents that relate to CFF’s policy agenda.
- Develop materials such as handouts, slide presentations, talking points and policy summaries to introduce and explain the Foundation’s policy agenda to CFF volunteers
- Play a lead role in planning and executing grassroots advocacy events, including two annual fly-in days, meetings on Capitol Hill with members of CFF’s Board of Trustees, Hill briefings, and other events as needed. Responsibilities include targeting members of Congress to meet with, planning and executing training for advocates (online and in-person) and participating with volunteers and Board members in meetings with lawmakers and administration officials.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Members of Congress and staff who will champion CFF’s policy priorities. This includes working with the Bicameral Congressional Cystic Fibrosis Caucus.
- Attend and report on relevant Congressional hearings and briefings, agency meetings and workshops, and other events, and draft summaries for Foundation staff.
- Work closely with CFF’s grassroots and access policy teams to ensure coordination of the Foundation’s efforts across these teams.
- Other duties as they apply.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a background in public policy, public health, social sciences, political science, or biological sciences.
- Seven to ten years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of legislative and political processes.
- Previous experience in monitoring and analyzing public policy.
- Experience working on Capitol Hill, Executive branch agency, or in an advocacy position at an outside organization.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite – Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook.
Minimum Education Required