Our Mission: increase investment and participation in 4‑H programs to support the next generation of true young leaders. National 4‑H Council (Council) is committed to providing leadership and resources so that 4‑H programs are available to youth across the US. Our executive leadership team and Board of Trustees believe that helping kids achieve their boldest dreams empowers them and our communities to thrive today, tomorrow, and beyond. Council supports national and state 4‑H programs focusing on fundraising, brand management, communications, and legal and fiduciary services. Council also oversees the National 4‑H Conference Center and the National 4‑H Supply Service, the authorized agent for items bearing the 4‑H Name and Emblem.
Council seeks a Senior Development Manager, Workforce Initiatives to contribute to the Resource Development (RD) department fundraising goal, including coordinating grant solicitations ranging from $250K to $1M from major national corporations to support unrestricted operational efforts as major programmatic initiatives. The Senior Development Manager will also work in partnership with the Senior Development Director of Workforce Initiatives, the Account Management, and Program teams to implement RD’s plan successfully. They will also strategize and contribute to all areas, including planning, prospecting, cultivation, new business development, donor deliverables, grant writing, and reporting.
In response to COVID-19, all positions are currently temporarily remote.
Development Portfolio Duties
- Secure and steward an annual portfolio of $1M-3M to achieve Council fundraising goals to support programmatic expansion and Council organizational needs.
- Drive new business development and pipeline growth through various mechanisms, including prospecting, cultivation at conferences and other events, and leveraging relationships of Trustees and members of senior leadership.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of corporate giving interests, staff, and trends, particularly in the STEM industry.
- Develop and facilitate relationships for donor cultivation, new development opportunities, leadership engagement, and reporting on successful outcomes.
Cross-Organizational Collaboration Duties
- Stay informed about organizational priorities and create areas of alignment through strategic relationship management and donor stewardship.
- Work with research and corporate writer to develop concepts and timelines for high-quality prospecting and proposal development.
- Facilitate project plans with multiple internal stakeholders to lead and develop integrated 360-degree proposals aligned with Council and donor initiatives.
Strategic Communication Duties
- Maintain frequent donor engagement and facilitate meetings regularly through in-person and virtual calls, email updates, and other key communication, as needed.
- Partner with Account Manager to develop and deliver internal project plans, donor reports and milestones, team meetings, and field engagement unique to each donor account.
- Lead and supervise other projects as required by Senior Development Director, Workforce Initiatives.
Skills and Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, nonprofit management, public administration, business administration, related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of three years of experience working on complex, cross-functional corporate sector teams, programs, and partnerships.
- A minimum of five years of experience in successful corporate or foundation fundraising.
- Five to seven years of relationship management experience, including establishing and growing relationships between private and nonprofit sectors.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills and ability to work across various technology platforms, including virtual and video conferencing collaborative documents.
- Ability to lead and support a cross-functional team, including robust project management and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook).
- Proficiency in Dynamics/Stratus Live or equivalent fundraising/CRM software.
- Ability to perform in a team-oriented environment with strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize.
Travel Requirements: Travel may be necessary for up to 20% of the time (5 days/month; local, regional & national). Would require travel by air, car, rail.
Position typically has the following Career Ladder:
- Development Director, Workforce Initiatives
- Senior Development Director, Workforce Initiatives
- Vice President of Development