Mission: The Growing Up Green Charter School (GUGCS) empowers children to be conscious, contributing members of their community through a rigorous curriculum and an engaging green culture. Graduates of GUGCS will be prepared to attend high-performing schools where their interdisciplinary academic foundation, knowledge of sustainability, and strong sense of self sets them apart as leaders of the future.
We are currently accepting resumes for all instructional positions including the following:
General Education Teachers
Special Education Teachers
Physical Education Teachers
Social Studies Teachers
Ideal Applicants Demonstrate:
- A personal alignment to GUGCS’ mission and vision
- Dedication to a strong learning community based on the Responsive Classroom approach and a growth mindset, as well as a commitment to positive social-emotional supports and curriculum
- Understanding of content, pedagogy, and students’ needs and interests to support a “working with” rather than a “doing to” approach.
- Flexibility when approaching individual and collaborative learning by questioning, challenging, and embracing alternate perspectives and possibilities.
- Ability to differentiate within small group instruction, rich investigations of essential questions, and interdisciplinary connections into curriculum planning for heterogeneous classrooms.
- Comfort with uncertainty and self-reflection in the service of actively constructing ideas.
- A problem-solving stance
- Commitment to collaboration with all teachers, departments and administration to strengthen instruction
- Use standards-aligned assessments to measure student academic growth.
- Have a deep understanding of content, pedagogy, and students’ needs and interests to support a “working with” rather than a “doing to” approach.
- Strong classroom management skills needed to navigate the diverse behavioral needs of a classroom and a willingness to implement behavior intervention supports for individualized students when needed.
- Value integration as a best practice in inspiring interest and future learning for students.
- Experience with developing inquiry-based curriculum grounded in purposeful critical thinking, experiential learning and active discovery with a mindful balance of teaching approaches.
- A passion for teaching as an act of social justice.
- Excitement for ongoing professional development
• Bachelor's Degree required; Master's Degree preferred
• At least two years classroom teaching experience in the elementary and middle school grades
Required Certificates & Licenses:
• Teaching certification
• NYC DOE/Fingerprinting & Background Clearance
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Growing Up Green is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage and value a diverse workforce, and we seek diversity among applicants for this position.
If you or someone you know is interested in joining our team, please send cover letter and resume to the Director of Recruitment, Aramis Grant, at email@example.com, or apply online at: https://www.gugcs.org/apps/forms2/?f=5848
In your application, please indicate the position and GUG school(s) you are applying for.