The Grants Administrator is responsible for providing expert management of the grants portfolio pre and post award. This position will coordinate all aspects of grant administration to ensure the smooth implementation of grants pre- and post- award. This position is responsible for coordinating the application process, grant kickoff and close out periods, and monthly monitoring for progress across fiscal, compliance, programmatic deliverables, communications, and operational aspects of grants. The Grants Administrator will execute complex duties with a high degree of independence.
- BS/BA in a field related to health, human services, administration, or finance required
- Masters Degree in management, finance, accounting, public administration, or other related field preferred
- 6 years of experience in grant proposal development and administration including federal, state, and local funders required, 8+ preferred
- Working knowledge of federal and state regulations regarding fiscal management of funds
- Strong project management and communication skills required with the ability to broker buy-in from multiple stakeholders and capacity to frame complex situations and present options
- Ability to exercise independent judgement to plan and prioritize diverse workload and manage and track multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail, oral and written communication skills, meeting facilitation- skills
- Excellent data gathering skills with strong data analysis and budget analysis skills
- Ability to develop and sustain working partnerships with funders, partner organizations, auditors, and CHC staff
- Strong organizational, prioritization, and project management skills
For grant applications- pre-award.
- Maintains strong working knowledge of organization priorities, convenes and facilitates meetings with key stakeholders for concept development on priority topic areas, coordinates resources for proposal development.
- Directs the preparation of proposal budget development and prepares final budget, facilitates the mechanics of proposal development and submission including project management, coordinating assignments, and writing as needed, coordinates final packaging of the grant for submission, and submits proposals into all major systems.
- Reviews early drafts of the grant and budget.
- Supports gathering of information for proposals including organizational capacity, statistical and qualitative data, potential sources of funds, partners and staff and other information to support the grant proposal idea.
- Reviews all awarded grants and sub-awards and supports implementation for the full grant lifecycle.
- Coordinates all grant kickoff activities and coordinating grant start up tasks across multiple CHC departments including planning meetings, fiscal budget set up, agreement development, assembling appropriate staffing, communications with key internal and external partners.
- Monitors the health status of all grants monthly including:
- Working directly with the Grants Accountants to monitor the budget for overall health and alignment with program plans and support accurate submission of invoices and reports.
- Working with the Grants Compliance Officer to ensure compliance with agency requirements regarding purchasing regulations, equipment inventory, and closing documents.
- Working with the program staff to identify and document implementation progress and/or roadblocks and support timely submission of required grant communications and program reports, plan for site visits, etc.
- Working with other departments such as IT, HR, Business Intelligence, and departmental directs to support the collection of data, feedback, and impact of grant for analysis, operational implications, communications, and contribution to agency reports and dashboards as needed.
- Coordinates grant end process including supporting planning for grant end, problem solving to ensure execution of all deliverables including reporting, facilitation of carryforward requests as needed, coordination with Grant Accountants and Compliance Officer for spend down, close out, and documentation requirements.
- Trains and coaches new program managers, project directors, and principal investigators as needed on how to effectively manage a grant.
- Maintains database and files to house information on grant health, deliverables, reporting schedules, and key stakeholders to facilitate project management and communication.
- Supports development of needs assessment information annually for use in grants, development of annual grant development plan to support CHC's strategic priorities.
- Supports development of policies, procedures, tools, and communications for grants administration and trains staff as needed.
- Supports communications, planning, and analysis on grants portfolio as needed.